Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 992481 times)

pipeorgan

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #360 on: April 06, 2013, 03:34:20 PM »
Hi I'm John, just love this site and hope that I will be able to spend a lot of my time here.

I'm a P3D user and would like to say that so far everything (Tongass Fjords, 9 of the 12 objects) work very well
using the Estonia migration tool. I might need some help to find the last 3:-)

I have Orbx PNW,PNJ and SAK so will be busy exploring everything that Return to Misty Mooring has to offer. Well done everyone involved in making such a superb site.

Cheers

John
Cheers

john

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #361 on: April 06, 2013, 04:03:41 PM »
John,
welcome to RTMM, great group here I think you will find.  As far as 9 of the 12 objects working, I assume your speaking about the scenery tester at Annette Island.  What are the 3 not working for you?  Do you have Tongass Fjords X scenery from Silver Cloud Publishing?  That is a must have because it fills in the gap between PNW and SAK along the coastline.  The RTMM scenery uses objects from TFJ X libraries for some of the scenery we do.  Acceleration also has library objects that RTMM uses so that should be added to FTX if you do not have it.
Now all that boring stuff out of the way the gang will meet you at Misty's Place bar so as the new guy you can buy the beer!   ;D :D ;)
 8)
Later,

Spud

pipeorgan

« Reply #362 on: April 06, 2013, 05:23:23 PM »
Hi Spud, thanks for the warm welcome, if we are ever able to meet then I would love to buy you a drink as the new boy:-)
Yes I have the wonderful Tongass Fjords X so I have so much to explore. Just installed the Toongass Fjords AI shipping package which is awesome.
The 3 objects that I am having difficulty obtaining are nos. 4, 9, and 11
Cheers

john

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #363 on: April 06, 2013, 06:46:24 PM »
John,

I assume you did the downloads and installed the libraries as instructed in the Scenery Object Tester Section for those three numbers.   Can you verify that those 3 libraries......OZX, Woody's  EZ Rocks, Boulders and Snowdrifts and RWY12....are indeed entries in you Scenery Library.

The entries in you scenery library should be something like.......   OZx_NA, woody's EZ_rocks_Boulders_snowdrifts, Rwy12 Library. 

It depends exactly on what you named the folder with the Scenery and Texutre folders in it.   I tend to use the default names that download.

Rod

pipeorgan

« Reply #364 on: April 07, 2013, 08:43:06 AM »
Hi Rod

Thank you for your response. Yes I have the Scenery Object Tester installed. I did not find it too difficult with 9 of the objects but my problem with the remaining 3 is what to download from the sites which are shown.
With object 4, the building, when I go to the OZx site indicated I just cannot find it! what is the file/name I am looking for? 
With object 9 the EZ-Scenery Instructions are for FS9, do I ignore them and install it as FSX, actually P3D for me?
With object 11 when I locate this is says that it is for FS2004, is that the correct file to use, see http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=8568443?

John
Cheers

john

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #365 on: April 07, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
John,
yes the rwy12_1.zip says it is for FS2004 and so does the EZ-Scenery file but the objects all work with FSX as well.  Use caution though with the install of ez_1.zip here is a cut n' paste from one of our read me first files about installing it:

"2. The ez_1.zip file, once it's unzipped, will give you an executable file for installation.

3. MOST IMPORTANT STEP!!!! Install the files via the .exe file to a TEMP folder!! NOT DIRECTLY INTO FSX!!!! This installer was made for FS9 and might cause issues to FSX if you install it there by default! (We're not 100 % sure if it will, but it wasn't made for FSX so we avoided that and created a temporary folder for this file to install the scenery library to first.

4. The result will be a folder named "Addon Scenery". Inside of this folder is a folder named "EZ Scenery Library".

5. Take the new folder "EZ Scenery Library" and make sure that it also includes it's three sub-folders, (new-mdl, scenery, texture) and install that into your FSX "Addon Scenery" library and then don't forget to activate it in FSX as the normal scenery file INSTALLATION steps in the readme.txt show you."

FS9 (FS2004) scenery objects work fine in FSX.  The one thing with FS9 files are AI files.  If you install FS9 AI files into FSX they will prevent FSX AI files from working.  There is a program that will convert these FS9 AI files in your FSX installation and fix things just fine if you accidentally do ever install FS9 AI files in FSX.

Now the OZx libraries are hard to find due to 'stinkin' thinkin' at the OZx site.   Here is what to do to get the files.
1. Click the link on the Object Libraries page which takes you to the OZx site.
2. Click the green Download button at the top of the page.
3. Click on the black Agree & Download button.
4. The resulting screen has 7 files that can be downloaded but you only need two of them.
5. Download OZx_Libraries_1.0_install.zip
6. Download OZx_LIB_v1.1.zip
7. Install these two libraries into FSX.
8. Silently cuss under your breath about OZx making it so durn hard to figure out how to get the files!!!

Enjoy the other three objects in the Scenery Tester and in RTMM scenery.
 8)
Later,

Spud

pipeorgan

« Reply #366 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:19 AM »
Thanks for the advice Spud, I will start hunting the last 3 down and let you know how I get on.

John
Cheers

john

pipeorgan

« Reply #367 on: April 08, 2013, 06:46:50 PM »
Finally I have the last 3 objects installed thanks to you Spud so I am "good to go!". At last I can get back to a bit to flight simming ;)

Thanks again for such super support.

John
Cheers

john

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #368 on: April 08, 2013, 07:58:22 PM »
Finally I have the last 3 objects installed thanks to you Spud so I am "good to go!". At last I can get back to a bit to flight simming ;)

Thanks again for such super support.

John

No worries John it just what we do here at RTMM if we can.
Glad your all sorted now.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2013, 11:45:26 AM »
I tried one or two of your sceneries just to see what was what and WOW!! Now I've downloaded every RTMM scenery I can get my hands on and having a total blast. (Still have a lot to install yet. Having too much fun exploring!)  Your sceneries, web page, layout, everything you guys provide is top notch and fantastic. I felt that I just had to donate a few dollars in appreciation, which I've never done at any other website before. I'll probably spend the rest of my life tooling around in my Beaver exploring all of the places you have created. Keep up the fantastic work and thanks a whole lot! Now back to the cockpit for more seat time.

Steve Weinkamer
Mantua, Ohio
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #370 on: April 13, 2013, 11:56:14 AM »
Welcome aboard Steve. Now head on over to "Misty's Place" and get that bar tab all set up 'cause you get to buy the next round being the new guy.

Seriously, we appreciate all your support and hope you enjoy all that we have to offer. Which is considerable.

Brad

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #371 on: April 13, 2013, 12:22:59 PM »
I'll probably spend the rest of my life tooling around in my Beaver exploring all of the places you have created. Keep up the fantastic work and thanks a whole lot! Now back to the cockpit for more seat time.
   ;D

You aint'a kiddin'!!!  Me too!  ::)  ;) 

Welcome Steve.  8)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:50:57 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #372 on: April 13, 2013, 03:35:43 PM »
Hi Steve,
welcome here on RTMM! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #373 on: April 13, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
Welcome aboard RTMM Steve,
if you have any questions just ask and one of the folk 'round here' will have an answer most likely.  See ya at Misty's Bar!  :o
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #374 on: April 13, 2013, 11:59:26 PM »
Hi Steve,

Welcome to RTMM.   We are a fun group and are always willing to try to answer questions when they come up.  Feel free to ask if you have any issues with our scenery.

Enjoy!

Rod