Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989932 times)

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 09:06:28 AM »
Hmmm, I guess I am not new, so not much text to spare.  ;)

Great to be back guys !
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

Twig_McGraw

• Virtual Dreams
    • FSEconomy-Virtual Business for Flight Sim
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 09:51:30 AM »
Hi there Folks, Just checking in here as a new guy to Misty Moorings. My name is Twig and I fly the 185, Kodiak and Beaver in SE Alaska.

As a long time member over at FSEconomy.com there are alot of bush pilots over there that are so excited that you guys are back up and running. Looking forward to many new things from here. Thanks :)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:16:23 PM by Twig_McGraw »
Happy Sky's
Cheers ~Twig~
www.fseconomy.com

cvearl

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 10:52:28 AM »
Hey everyone. I'm Charles. FSX and ORBX fan. Congradulations on the new site!

I am a general aviation enthusiast. I like to watch Ice Pilots and Flying Wild Alaska. I have been sim flying on and off for years and I am 40 something years old. If finances hold out, I am looking at getting my pilots license next year or at least starting on it.

I look forward to using this site. I used to visit the old site but quickly realised I had missed the FS9 boat. Hopefully this site has the same level of success and then some!

Charles.

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 11:06:22 AM »
Greetings everyone,
I am looking forward to some interesting flights and enjoyment of this wonderful work.
I chat with Bill Dick from time to time and he mentioned that Misty would be coming.
I hope he is around from time to time. I also look forward to this repaint of the Beaver.

JJJackson

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »
Hi

I'm Jack, a Swede living in Spain. Thnis is going to be interesting and fun.

Good Luck in the future with the site.

JJJ

Dexthom

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »
Greetings to everyone!  I finally was able to activate.  Nice to have one of the "old" places back. 

Rangerick

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 12:17:52 PM »

Great to see you back !!

Just ordered P.F. today.

See you soon.

Rick / Canada

ShawnG

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 12:20:19 PM »
Hello everyone,  glad to see Misty back up and running!  I made some comments on the ORBX boards when PFJ was released that it was like going back home, and it was, but there was something missing still, and this was it.  glad to be able to fly to a bunch of spots from the past FS9 days  the c185 and supercub are gonna get a workout!  so thanks to the new staff, thanks to ORBX, thanks to Holger for creating all these great sceneries and thanks as well to Francois who published the first Misty Fjords scenery.  this is a great place to fly.

paddler

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 01:32:47 PM »
Wow! I just found this site this morning and I am amazed at what is available. The site is stunning and easy to use. I am pleased to see that the support provided is so complete for each mission. A joy to use and participate in.

I have been into FSX for only about two years and am an avid ORBX - FTX user. I tend to spend my time with bush aircraft such as Beaver, Twin Otter, Bush Hawk, Cub, Kodiak etc. This interest in these planes stems from my other passion when the snow is down and ice out, instructing canoeing and guiding wilderness canoe trips. The Beaver and Otter have taken me into the headwaters of some great rivers. Retired from the service, I also like to take the C130 and fly contours and nap of the earth in this (and all FTX NA areas) simulating SAR type missions.

Outstanding work on the site and I look forward to countless hours of stimulating flight simmimg. A huge ``Thank You`` to all involved in getting this up and running.
Rick

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 01:36:37 PM »
Greetings,
Glad to see the site up and running.  Looking forward to seeing and flying with other low n' slow pilots.  Off to peruse the site and see what is where.
Spud from Pensacola, FL.  Ret. Naval Aviator.  (Spud) was my Navy call sign because I'm originally from the state of Idaho.
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
Hey Paddler, welcome aboard.  I'll share a secret with you ... don't tell any of the guys.  Although we hope everybody enjoys this to the fullest ... we did it so WE ALSO could spend hours flying around in our favorite place!   My "joy" in doing the site was getting to fly to the new areas as Brad and Kim made them. I felt like some kind of pioneer.  Having made Misty Moorings previously, I thought I knew the area pretty darned well ... but I'm seeing places I have never saw before.  Sandspit? (sounds like something that should be illegal!). What a cool place ... and if you look it up and see a real pic of it ... it is exactly as it really is. And it gives us a new "base" and  some brand-new areas to go explore. 

The additional areas ORBX/Holger put into PFJ expands it beautifully.  Ever wonder what was "behind" Stewart?  Check out the Elliot Fire Base ... there's a whole new world hiding back there for us.

We're also glad the page is "up" ... we'll fix a broken link here and there ... but now we can finally take a weekend and go fly this thing ourselves!  We will be right there off your wingtip enjoying this too!

Doug

PS and Welcome to all the new folks ... great also to see some old friends showing up. (Don't stand too near the paint bucket, we're liable to hand you a brush and put you to work! ... FREEware is another word for "volunteers welcome!"  :-)

evoras

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 03:00:36 PM »
Hey Guys, Glad to see Misty back...looking forward to joining in on the fun.

Ed
Ed - KDVT, AZ

Bman.

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 04:18:45 PM »
Hey all- 

Benjamin (Bman.) here.  Been flying around PFJ / NRM and PNW with CVEARL up above.  We tore it up last night in fact and have a great flight in PFJ last night (Carenado 185).  Looking forward to seeing some of you guys out there.

Cheers-

Benjamin (N214GK)

CAF440

• USCG DSF Lt. Dist 9
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
Welcome Back Misty Moorings. Just flew in from Yellowknife and off to explore.

Salute from RW CAF 440Sq Pilot (PIC#802) Vampire 018.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:56:22 PM by CAF440 »

Marc

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2011, 02:32:33 AM »
Hi, I'm Marc. I live in Sydney, NSW, and am an OrbX fan. Having bought PFJ a few weeks ago it's great to have a base in Northern America now to do some bush flying and explore that beautiful part of the world.