Author Topic: ORBX Releases PAJN (Juneau)!  (Read 13939 times)

spirit_66

Re: ORBX Releases PAJN (Juneau)!
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 08:21:15 PM »
They want to do things "their" way all the time.  How much trouble would it be to put in a plane without a shadow problem in DX-10. (I've done it!).  We replaced 390 picnic table in The Cabins page to help people with DX-10 ... a little effort from ORBX in this area might be appreciated by some.  As I said, they made a beautiful package, then they allow black squares under the planes?  Sloppy for PAYware!!

Hi Doug,

did you report these faults at the ORBX support forum? At least they should get knowledge about this.

Spirit
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 08:24:17 PM »
Actually I haven't been able to log in over there for about 2 years now.  I'm sure someone will carry the word back to them. Thank you Spirit.

D

spirit_66

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 05:27:45 AM »
Actually I haven't been able to log in over there for about 2 years now.  I'm sure someone will carry the word back to them. Thank you Spirit.

D

Hi Doug,

don't you think it would be better if you do it yourself? I can't open an support thread there about PAJN because I don't have it.  ;D

Spirit

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 07:35:17 AM »
I can't either.

D

spirit_66

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:43:06 AM by spirit_66 »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »
The answer is basically "Too bad for you."
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 11:39:45 AM »
Ya, and they promised that FTX Global would be DX10 compatible. Oh well, in a short time DX10 can no longer be considered a "Preview."

Where did you ever see the ORBX promised DX10 compatibility?  As far as I know ORBX/FTX has NEVER made that statement.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2013, 01:56:00 PM »
"Where did you ever see the ORBX promised DX10 compatibility?  As far as I know ORBX/FTX has NEVER made that statement."

Uhhhh....how about here? Read the thread. 2nd post from bottom from JV himself.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/56194-ftx-global-new-3d-lights-system-no-fps-loss/

And here's an admission from JV that they screwed up:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/62085-dx10-and-ftx-global-fix-being-worked-on/
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 03:06:25 PM »
I think your reading more into the first statement made last March than JV posted.  He said at that time the new 3D light system would work with DX10.  That is not quite the same as FTX Global being DX10 compatible, only one part that he thought would work with the DX10 Preview mode.  In his second post quoted he corrects that error.
FWIW the program that is supposed to fix most problems in DX10 by Steve Parsons seems to have run into a snag as to finding a publisher from what I read so that program everyone is looking forward to may be delayed it seems.
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 04:48:14 PM »
Not to argue a point, but if that's the case, why wouldn't ORBX have promised that only a part of FTXG would be DX10 compatible and only half of it work under DX10? Why make the claim to begin with if it they knew it wasn't going to be 100% compatible? "Buy it. The lights will work in DX10 but nothing else will." (Actually the issues are 99% a lights only thing, which he advertised as a selling point.) There's a lot of ticked users who took him at his word based upon what he originally said and then plunked down $100 only to be disappointed. Judging by all of the fuss, this has been a public relations nightmare for them.

I haven't read any posts from people who are upset that Steve's fixer is delayed because he wants to properly market and deliver it. He stands to make a ton of money, so he wants to do it right. In fact everything that I read is that serious users are completely supportive of the fact that he shouldn't release it until he has the marketing set up to be fairly compensated and he can meet the demand for his product. I can wait for a good product - and am confident that it will deliver as he promises, unlike FTXG. If not, I'll be the first to complain about it here. (A whole lot of people have been waiting for over 2 years for the next EZDOK version that was promised way back then...and waiting...and waiting.)

Enough on the subject from me.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support