Author Topic: RTMM website has slowed to the point of not being usable  (Read 6969 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
RTMM website has slowed to the point of not being usable
« on: September 06, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
Sorry to keep singing the same old song but today I logged onto the site and it had 4 threads with a total of 6 post unread by me.  So far as of this typing I have been online for 55 min. trying to read those 6 posts.  Every click to a post or thread takes several min. or longer to see any action occur.  I even tried turning of anti-virus and firewall to see that would speed things up.  No effect what so ever.
Just unusable  with type of performance.
 :-\
Later,

Spud

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
Re: RTMM website has slowed to the point of not being usable
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 04:43:23 PM »
I'm sorry, but it's really out of my hands until we move to a new host.  As I've stated multiple times, I really want to get us moved, but I'm waiting on a few dependencies to make that happen.

At this point I'll be doing another database snapshot before I move, so no posts will be lost (attachments is still being worked out).

I know it sucks, but I can't do anything about it.  I've spent many hours trying everything possible.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »
Dan,
understand that not much can be done at the moment just blowing off steam mostly.  After waiting 8 min. after pressing the Post button and never seeing any confirmation that the post worked I sent Doug and email about the site.  Just checked back now and see that the post did finally go through.  Looking forward to the new site when you get it going mate.
Thanks for all you work to make RTMM as good as you possible can under the present circumstances.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 09:35:48 PM »
I too have been experiencing crazy long wait times.  But I came in to post just now to say . . . Wheeeeeee!!!
It is snappy and responsive at the moment, and pages are changing in the blink of an eye, almost.  Sometimes I can hit a time of the day when the site is working great. 
It is 6:30pm PST on Sunday night, right now for me. 
Too bad there's not alot of posts to answer during this time when it's working great!  lol.  But I can post this one, . . . Just, Like, That!!!  ;)

(edit - Wow!!  It posted in, like, two one seconds!!)  8)

All this speed, and nothing to do.  I should post pics or something.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:03:55 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dan

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »
I'm having the host move the forums to a new database server as a last-ditch effort to help out the current/old forum.   Expect a bit of downtime today while they do that.

After this, there are no options left to help out the forum speed outside of moving to the new hosting.

Dan

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »
And we're back up after the datacenter move.   Hopefully it's faster for you now.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »
Hi Dan,

I can tell you that it is pretty speedy at the moment....I hope it lasts.   Thanks for all of your efforts to keep us functioning as well as possible.  I am sure we are all looking forward to the ultimate fix when you are able to migrate us over to the new forum software.

Meanwhile, we know you are doing your best.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »
Speed is good and perhaps the provider can keep us on a less active server to help the speed.  Glad to be able to use the forums again.
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 09:02:48 PM »
Dan ... great improvement ... thanks for taking the time (sorry about those Redskins!)

D

Dan

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 09:01:13 AM »
(sorry about those Redskins!)
UUuuuugghhh...    :-\

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 10:53:32 AM »
Dan, All this real world work can be so frustrating but when your favorite team get's close and finally seems to be clicking, it's tough to see them lose at the end like that. I'm a Buc's fan so believe me, I'm feeling your pain this week.  :-[

Keep up the great work and right now for me, the forums are flying!! Great improvement on speeds. Looking forward to seeing the new forums when they arrive.

Brad

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »
Dan,
thans so much for all your efforts and hard work on speeding up the forums. It now runs fast and beautiful.... :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals