Author Topic: Insrtalling CRIP  (Read 6270 times)

Tenpin

• Retired RDCM USCG 1COR:13
    • Eagle Valley Air
Insrtalling CRIP
« on: August 28, 2013, 09:52:18 AM »
Forgive me if this has been answered someplace else.
I have a RTTM folder inside the Addon Scenery folder that I use for all the MM scenery. I want to add a CIRP folder for that area. Would like to know if I can place all the "scenery" from the several icefields and such into a single scenery folder instead of having a separate scenery folder for each icefield?

Dieter

Re: Insrtalling CRIP
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »
Well, users have different ways of installing RTMM sceneries.

I have all smaller RTMM sceneries in 1 folder (for example those ones you find in "Legacy Collection") .
For ample sceneries like CIRP, I created an extra folder copying all files in the appropriate sub-folders (\scenery and \texture)

Before installing any RTMM scenery keep in mind that these sceneries are based on certain Orbx sceneries:
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/
see ==> REQUIREMENTS

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »
Tenpin,
having all the CIRP files in one folder is no problem at all.  In fact I have my CIRP install as a single folder with all the files included so I can turn off the whole project with a single click in the FSX Scenery Library.  Much easier that way and due to the fact that CIRP is a real FPS hog for my system I never have it active unless I plan an flying in the scenery.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 07:07:47 PM »
Thank you guys. Like I said I have a RTTM main folder and within that several pieces of your great scenery. Will go with a CRIP folder then place everything in single scenery and texture folders. If that pulls to much off the FPS I will keep them separated.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 08:59:10 AM »
"You gotta keep 'em separated"  :P

Sorry, I just started singing there.  :-[

Brad

Tenpin

• Eagle Valley Air
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 10:07:20 AM »
Thanks Brad, You answered my original question.  :)