Author Topic: Missing Scenery  (Read 5596 times)

alpha117

Missing Scenery
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »
Hi All

Due to a system problem, I've lsot some of the RTMM scenery and cannot seem to find it on here.

If someone could point me to:

Yes Bay lodge
Tongass Narrows

many thanks

Clive

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Missing Scenery
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:20:48 AM »
Yes Bay Lodge, and Tongass Narrows were several scenery files that were made by Jacques Alluchon and are no longer being offered by RTMM per the designers requests. The others no longer available are Taku Glacier Lodge, Barnstormers.

Brad

alpha117

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
Thanks Brad

That's why I cannot find them :(

Clive

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 01:24:07 PM »
Hi Brad,
no longer being offered by designers requests
Any reason for this decision?

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 01:42:07 PM »
HOLY COW! Taku is (was) a fantastic location. Glad I go it before it got yanked. Did someone get their nose out of joint for some reason?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 09:18:24 PM »
I got to agree to bad they got pulled, I had trouble getting them to work right, but in all honesty it was all on me not the pkg. I still have the zip file, I'll have to make sure it's in a safe place since it's no longer available

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:07:06 PM »
Dieter,

Plenty of reasons but not going to share those here. Sorry. Let's just say it's unfortunate for all concerned.

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »

Dieter

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 11:39:21 AM »
Thank you, RTMM Staff, for publishing these open words to our community.

With respect to the closed topic I relinquish any further comments.

A sobby day for developers and users, but RTMM will survive, chin up!

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 03:51:39 PM »
"Doug Linn" ... I'm responsible for the missing sceneries. 

I have to make sure we can keep the site running and not take a lawsuit in the process.  We were about to publish a scenery location using a protected copyright.  RTMM did not have permission. I asked for that permission and it was denied.  Then "I" then stopped the project, so I'm responsible.  Some people felt I should not have asked ... but I doubt those same people would be writing out a check for my defense attorney anytime soon.  So "I" made the decision and that is why the scenery is missing.  We also did not have copyright permission on the other missing sceneries. So we are keeping a "clean house" ... rules are there for a reason and they must be respected. It is/was a learning experience,  RTMM is now stronger for the lesson we had to learn.

Other than the USFS cabins (which many of us pay for out of our tax dollars), our sceneries at RTMM will be fictitious unless we have explicit (in writing) permission to use a copyrighted name or location.   It is difficult to believe someone would "pass" on an "advertising" opportunity like having their location highlighted in RTMM so 60,000 people worldwide could see/enjoy it ... and probably trying to go see it if they ever got close to it. But it happened this time.  The mistake I made was not asking permission EARLY. That will not happen again. (See NOTAM #2 on the "About" page to potential authors). 

So I'm the person responsible ... I should have caught it earlier, I missed it. It cost us some beautiful scenery packages, but just like out on the range ... I don't miss twice! :-)

Doug
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:34:35 PM by Doug »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 06:24:32 PM »
Thanks for the honest words and being willing to take the heat for an unfortunate situation Doug. Its refreshing these days to find someone with the type integrity that you've demonstrated or not pass the buck elsewhere, a character trait that is sadly disappearing in today's society. I'm also pretty sure that no one affixes any blame upon you. Kudos, and my hat's off to you!

As you stated, its hard to comprehend that anyone in their right mind would pass on the opportunity to have their real world location promoted for free. Its their loss in the long run. I just feel really bad for the scenery developers who put their efforts into those projects.

Onward and upward - and put it behind.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ShawnG

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 11:54:50 PM »
Hmmm.  well, now I can say that I was saving up for a future vacation at a particular Alaskan Lodge, and now I'm not.   :D  sorry to see all this happen.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 11:07:10 AM »
Hmmm.  well, now I can say that I was saving up for a future vacation at a particular Alaskan Lodge, and now I'm not.   :D  sorry to see all this happen.

Saving up is almost an understatement for one of the pulled locations as the minimum cost is for 3 nights and is listed as $5100 a bit rich for this old fart!
Later,

Spud