Author Topic: AI Traffic for RTMM "area"  (Read 18389 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
AI Traffic for RTMM "area"
« on: June 17, 2013, 11:57:11 AM »
Just wondered what folks are using for adding AI Traffic. I had MY TRAFFIC but it disrupted the major airports for SAK, so I took it out. Was wondering if anyone was having luck with AI 360?  I've got the GA NA package from ORBX, seems to work ok for many little airports, doesn't do anything for PAKT or PAJN, etc. 

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: AI Traffic for RTMM "area"
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:55:08 PM »
I have the "Traffic 360" program.  I just got it though, so I don't know anything about it.  And with a system rebuild nearly behind me, I am not quite sure if that particular reinstall is working right yet.  I have plenty of AI traffic, but don't know if Traffic 360 is generating any.  I know it puts airliners at the airports, but I don't know what it does for GA traffic. 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »
Keep us posted ... it sounds like a darned good package from what I can gather from the forums.  I'd really like to know if you see anything at PAKT (GA).  Thanks Jeff.

D

BernieF

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:17:20 AM »
Hi all

I have used "fsx_ga-traffic_releasecandidate2" in the past. This is the latest FSX version of this programme. It uses aircraft in your FSX Aircraft folder, both default and add-on aircraft. It is limited to planes below a certain weight so it will exclude airliners etc. It will generate traffic at "Afcaded" airfields and is able to be customised so it only generates traffic in countries that you choose. The amount of traffic is independent of the ai traffic slider in FSX. It is easy to setup but be careful of your selections when installing it. I have not had a problem with frames rates on my old I7-930 computer.

It is available at Avsim by searching for the file name or Markus Brunner.

Cheers

BernieF

Doug

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
Bernie ... I'll have to give that one a try! Thank you.  I just got Traffic 360. Loaded like a breeze, and there are aircraft at PAKT.  But some are parked right in out Misty Office and in the FED X office ... got to work on that.  PAEN is screwed up again with the ditches and missing runways, so I'm guessing that we'll have to disable the PAEN bgl in Traffic 360. As we learn, we'll pass it along here.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 08:33:23 AM »
Keep us posted ... it sounds like a darned good package from what I can gather from the forums.  I'd really like to know if you see anything at PAKT (GA).  Thanks Jeff.

D
I reinstalled my Orbx PAKT last weekend, so I'm not likely to see AI at the airport.  I do have AI floatplanes galore, not sure of the source yet.  But I have plenty of traffic.  Oh, and I just added the FSX GA Traffic ... one into the mix too.  I am testing my new CPU upgrade. ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 11:58:10 AM »
OK, here's some easy fixes for some problems encountered. Sometimes the problems are very obvious, including "ditches" around a runway, or a canyon beside it ... even a wall of dirt. Below are two before and after shots for PAKT and PAED.  What Traffic_360 has done is increase the parking area (and this is a good thing most of the time). But where we have placed some things at airports, there could be a problem. All you have to do is go to FSX/Just Flight/Traffic 360/Airport Facilities/Scenery and search for the ICAO code. When you find it, rename the ".bgl" to ".off" and you will have the original airport configuration. This does not "knock out" the traffic added by Traffic_360 ... it is still there, just not using the new parking areas they have designed.  (Interesting PAJN was not affected).

As we "play" with this program, we will keep you posted. So far, other than these small things, there seems to be good traffic, including GA at our focus airports.

PS to Jeff ... regarding the ORBX NA GA program ... I just found this in the Scenery/World/Scenery
Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic_Full Call Signs.bgl.OFF

Looks like Traffic_360 might have turned it off, I sure didn't.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 01:21:16 PM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 01:19:04 PM »
Remember that the ORBX PAKT payware airport, with the sloping taxiways, will not display any AI traffic from the ORBX NA GA AI traffic download.
Doug,
the AI float plane traffic comes from the RTMM AI Floatplane for Misty v1.3 file in the Enhancements section and requires that you must have Tongass Fjords X installed to work.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 03:16:37 PM »
Yes, Jeff asked about that.  I'm not seeing any changes in any of Dex's stuff...his faithful boats and planes keep right in working. Really makes one appreciate his SOLID work.

Doug

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
SITKA (Traffic 360 with SAK) - Here is another problem area to fix. Go to FSX/JustFlight/Traffic 360/Airport Facilities and search for PASI ... when you find it, rename it to change ".bgl" to ".off".  Restart FSX, the problem is gone.

D

DocBird

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 08:03:23 AM »
o.k. I am a bit late for the party but maybe you have made some experiences by now...

Is Traffic 360 worth the money if I only fly in PNW, PFJ, Tongass and SAK? I had a good impression of the ORBX-AI-Traffic for NA but it will not be developed to SAK. I think this is a pity.

I would love to have AI traffic (more than the FSX default) in SAK. Is it very complicated to create AI traffic files?

Doug

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
I've not created any traffic files. But I have had no problems with 360 except when it "over writes" one of the ORBX bgl's and causes problems. In every case, I take out the 360 bgl for that airport (change it to ".off" and everything works fine.  360 is putting in more parking areas ... which in our area of the world aren't needed.  I'm having a good time with it, no glitches or problems other than above.

D

DocBird

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 08:51:10 AM »
Thanks, Doug, for the fast reply.

Maybe one should turn FTX central to default when installing 360 and back on afterwards. So it can not overwrite the Orbx-files, correct?

Are there any material impact on fps?

Doug

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 09:46:04 AM »
That would probably work, but there seem to be many airports it does not affect. So when you run into one, you change it.  It is pretty easy to do. That way 360 is "fixing" things around the world where ORBX isn't involved. So other airports that they "change" is just fine.  My problems happen in the larger airports, the air force base at Anchorage, Anchorage itself, Juneau, etc.  When you see ridges beside the runway, or holes in it ... that's the signal to turn of 360's bgl for that airport.

D

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »
Just to be clear.....360 is not overwriting ORBX .bgls in the sense of wiping out the ORBX .bgls.   However, once in awhile a 360 .bgl does introduce elevation data that overrides the ORBX elevation data which causes the problem....solution is simple....just add .off to  the 360 .bgl to render it inactive.

Rod