Author Topic: FORUM STATUS UPDATE  (Read 4745 times)

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
FORUM STATUS UPDATE
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:47:51 AM »
I have re-opened the forum in mostly read-only mode as I continue to complete the upgrade to our new forum.    I have kept the General Discussion forum open for posting, but nothing posted between now and the migration to the new forum will be saved.    The database snapshot has already been taken and migrated, so anything form here on out will be thrown away.

The upgrade is going well, and I'm happy with the new system that we're implementing.   I hope to have the work complete by the end of the weekend.

More details to come soon, thanks for your patience!   It'll be worth it in the end.  :)

Please see this thread for the most recent updates:  http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=1773.msg14150;
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:31:45 PM by Dan »

Dan

Re: FORUM STATUS UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 01:48:56 PM »
I ran into some pretty big complications while I was finishing up the new forum, resulting in loss of a lot of work.   I'm going to have to go back and re-do a lot of things and I also want to wait and see if they release their current beta version of the forum code to "production" status.

So, the bad news is we're going back to the old slow forum for now.    The good news is we've been testing and know how nice and fast the new forum will be, so there is something to look forward to!

I'll keep you updated.  For now, I've reopened all the sections on this forum.

Please keep in mind that anything posted from here on out on these forums may not be copied over. But don't let that stop you from using the forums as normal.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:32:57 PM by Dan »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »
Any updates as to the forum upgrade status? (I regret reading and then commenting on topics that will disappear into the ether after the new forum is up and runing.)
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Dan

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 03:19:03 PM »
Any updates as to the forum upgrade status? (I regret reading and then commenting on topics that will disappear into the ether after the new forum is up and runing.)
Please see this thread for the most recent updates:  http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?topic=1773.msg14150;

I'll be locking this one so we can keep everything in one place.

I know it's frustrating to deal with the conversion process, but trust me, it's even more frustrating to lose almost a week's worth of work due to incompatible code in the forum that I am moving us to.   Now that they have launched their production-ready version of the software, the addons that I require to be in place will be updated by their developers soon.     The timeframe, however is out of my hands.

I want to do it once, and do it correctly.

Additionally, I may do another database snapshot/transfer once I have enough pieces ready to green-light the conversion.   I can't guarantee it, but I will try.   I know it's frustrating to lose posts.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 03:31:27 PM by Dan »