Author Topic: 3rd Visit to Misty's Place  (Read 2938 times)

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
3rd Visit to Misty's Place
« on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:23 PM »
Just imported this off-topic, fictional post from another since it's related to Misty's Place and I can't help share what happened (in my imagination) for what's it worth:

The other day, I was on my last flight leg from Stewart to Ketchikan with my 412 around dusk. Tired and hungry from the VFR tour flights all day, I had to find a nice place to stretch and grub out. I thought why not fly to the famous Misty's bar and grill nearby for a nice halibut sandwich and a bottle of Bud Light the third time around?

While I was about to enter the TPA on the 45 and scanning below, I noticed that  Misty's airfield and docks were full of parked Kodiak amphibians, Beavers and Cessna float planes. With my bird having no floaters and low on fuel, there is no way I could fly around and wait for a while until someone flies out and frees a parking or landing space.. I got to have that halibut sandwich!

Then I saw a small clearing about a stone throw's away at the back of Misty's hangout and beside her cottage. I decided why not land here? I went for it and had to perform a tight LZ maneuver careful enough not to  mow or trim nearby trees and foliage with my rotor blades. Both Misty's cottage and the bar rattled with my rotorwash as I settled down but I didn't notice anything got damaged or blown away, I think... Before I could finish my shutdown procedures, Misty's daughter (or granddaughter, I'm not sure since it was dark) and some customers rushed out wondering what the heck was causing the earth-shaking, thunderous sound that was sooo close... Bad choice for a landing spot but I apologized for scaring them and promised that next time I'll bring along a cooler with a six-pack, some energy bars and land somewhere-maybe a passing cruise ship with a helipad  :P

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

JTaylor801

Re: 3rd Visit to Misty's Place
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:50:49 PM »
I read your fictional story last night and thought about it as I came in for a landing this afternoon.  Thanks for sharing.

Jerry
Flight Sim Blogger
http://jerrygtaylor.com/fsblog/

CEO of virtual Air Logistics (vAL)
http://virtualairlogistics.org

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 01:34:44 AM »
Hope it made you LOL Jerry  ;) I read that most RTMM scenery downloads, dispatches, trip tics, missions, etc. have some interesting story line behind it so I though why not add an imaginary zest to the usual regimen of a virtual bush pilot?

Anyway, my recent misadventure did not end there...  I wanted to try the equally famous poached salmon sandwich, another popular fare at Misty's Bar & Grill recommended by a Twin Otter bush pilot I met at PAKT. Upon seeing the same scenario late today at Misty's airfield while I was already in the traffic pattern, I told myself "Oh no, not again!" So I landed my Jet Ranger 206 on a barrier clearing nearby and swam about 150 feet or so across thinking that I won't disturb or get complaints from Misty's customers and other pilots like I did the last time. Fortunately, I made it across though at a cost of getting a mild hypothermia after being drenched and shivering from the "freezing" inlet water. To cut it short, Misty's granddaughter, who was manning their bar that night offered that I could eat any of the bar's menu offering "on the house", stay overnight at their family cottage's guest room since the nearby cottages are fully booked and use their home washer and dryer for my wet flightsuit. Cool!  :D

As Albert Einstein used to quote, "Imagination is more important than knowledge." (but not necessarily true in real world bush flying...)

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:45:27 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Handie

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:11:30 AM »
 :D  :)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit