Author Topic: MM Ops (Misty Moorings Oil Platform Services)  (Read 31636 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: MM Ops (Misty Moorings Oil Platform Services)
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 06:25:18 PM »
Trex,
read the instructions in your link and I'll try one more time with the files in the FSX/Addon Scenery/scenery and texture folders.  But I'm not holding my breath.  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2013, 06:48:55 PM »
NOPE! Same thing FSX CTD as soon as it loads.  As I have already said I'm DONE! with these files.  I'm glad that some people have them working but unfortunately I ain't one of em'!

Trex,
appreciate your info but I have the if ain't broke don't fix it philosophy.  After 6 installs, two different downloads, I'm not about to start messing with RTMM files that work as they should just to 'maybe' get a few oil rigs that will only slow down my system a bit more.  The RTMM shipping AI all work just fine and as for my .CFG file it operates as well as possible with my system and my installing procedures have been working for the past 10-15 years so I doubt that is the problem.  There is just something in the download that doesn't work with my and other peoples systems.
Now I'll go dig out all 91 files from my Addon Scenery/scenery and texture folders plus the four effects files.  One good thing is that my texture folder had no other files in it so that helps.
 >:(
 8)
Later,

Spud

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2013, 03:55:51 AM »
I understand the frustration Spud  :(  Better be safe than be sorry..You know your personal preferences, system set-up and limitations better more than anybody else. I'm glad you did some "trial and error" and narrowed down closer to isolating the options..But on the brighter side, let's just hope that someone who may have encountered a similar problem with yours may also have the fix to your specific issue. Remember, "no problem can withstand the power of sustained thinking.." Guess I recall reading that quote somewhere.. :)

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Dieter

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2013, 05:26:26 AM »
Well, I tried many installation variants on my Intel/Nvidia system, no success! Now I'm through with this software.

I am amazed at all how much time and effort the community (myself included)  is investing  in this nearly 10-year-old software.
Do theses platforms really look better? Are they helicopter landable? And there are only 13 instead of 16.

Btw,
doesn't OZx have oil platforms in their Australia stuff? If yes, what about them for using?

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2013, 06:02:52 AM »
Well, I tried many installation variants on my Intel/Nvidia system, no success! Now I'm through with this software.

I am amazed at all how much time and effort the community (myself included)  is investing  in this nearly 10-year-old software.
Do theses platforms really look better? Are they helicopter landable? And there are only 13 instead of 16.

Btw,
doesn't OZx have oil platforms in their Australia stuff? If yes, what about them for using?

Dieter

Same for me! I tried several different installation methods suggested, but with no luck. Thanks to all for the suggestions and help.
On my system these oilrigs do not work. Well, that`s it and I will do no further try and errors with them .....no problem. The SAK oilrigs do work....though they do not look nice and the textures are not good. It would have been nice having some better one`s, but I can also live with the SAK oilrigs.

Via Hovercontrol I found this Link to the ODG-group. They are specialized on offshore-sceneries in the North-sea, Europe but also in the mexican gulf.
http://www.fs-odg.com/

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2013, 06:50:05 AM »
I'll drop Holger a note and see if the Aussie oil rig objects are a possibility. You folks have sure tried to make this one work. I'll look for an alternative for us. One last question...can anybody identify the actual scenery object that the program was using? If so let me know. If not, don't worry about it.

spirit_66

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2014, 05:48:15 AM »
Via Hovercontrol I found this Link to the ODG-group. They are specialized on offshore-sceneries in the North-sea, Europe but also in the mexican gulf.
http://www.fs-odg.com/
Hi,
thanks for this link and I just tried some of the ODG stuff but it's also very old and I couldn't get it to work. Only the Santa Barbara scenery works obviously. Their configurator doesn't know anything about Windows 8.1 so it doesn't work either. It's a pity. I wrote in their forum but everything seems to be abandoned.
Spirit

PS: The munchbros thing isn't working on my rig too.

That's Santa Barbara

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:50:39 AM by spirit_66 »
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2014, 01:43:27 PM »
Well, it's some time since I found the link at hovercontrol.com.
I didn't ever try their stuff, sorry!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2014, 03:29:41 PM »
Well the last post in this thread was a year ago so the info is very old and probably water under he bridge by now.  ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

spirit_66

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2014, 03:00:43 AM »
@all
Well, I would like to report my positive experience with the ODG folks and the forum is not abandoned as I thought.

A very helpful guy chimed in and the configurator is working now also with Windows 8.1 because he did the necessary changes.

I'll go on a little bit with testing the UK offshore sceneries but I still doubt that they will work in my P3D v2.2. Maybe I can motivate them to do the necessary conversions.  ;D

I'll report about my further experience.
Spirit

spirit_66

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2014, 05:52:16 AM »
@all
I promised to tell about my further experience with the ODG content and if I could get anything working.

Well, with the tireless help of Paul from ODG forum I could eventually get the UEKZ oilrigs, vessels etc. running in my P3D v2.2. I would say it's not perfect but all the content is FSX and not really P3D v2.

For heli enthusiasts it's quite nice and challenging to fly from oilrig to oilrig and vessels too.

I had at first problems to understand the structure and design of the sceneries but Paul was very helpful.

Spirit