Author Topic: MM Ops (Misty Moorings Oil Platform Services)  (Read 31637 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: MM Ops (Misty Moorings Oil Platform Services)
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 09:46:05 PM »
Hey guys,
     The one I have is called "akoilrigspack1.zip", by MunchBros.  I looked for the file on the internet, but couldn't find it.  I searched my system, and found it.  I've tried twice now to attach it to this post, but no luck.  I will attach a dropbox link instead.   (It's 8Mb's in size also.  Hmmm?)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjzzz6sxsnqt0qt/akoilrigspack1.zip
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:52:36 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dieter

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 04:00:19 AM »
rigspa1k.zip -  akoilrigspack1.zip

Different names, but exactly same content. Both do not work (for me)

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »
I have mine installed in the scenery/world/scenery folder.  Is that what you guys are doing?  It works great for me, and I've had them installed for several years, through different computer builds.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 12:50:46 PM »
Hi Jeff,
I had my Installation in FSX/ Addonscenery Folder.
I´m not sure if your different install can be the clue. I will try it again according to your install method.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 04:48:01 PM »
Jeff,
the file in your dropbox is identical to the one from my post as far as content is concerned.  I had installed it in my Misty Moorings folder under the Addon folder with all other RTMM scenery and it did not work in that location.
I'm trying your file but this time I'm adding the munchbros folder the install tries to place the files into.
So C:/....../.....FTX/Addon Scenery/Misty Moorings/munchbros with sub-folders scenery and texture.
If that doesn't work then I'll try the files in Scenery/World/scenery and see if that works.
I already see the .bgl for 5AK0 (Trading Bay Production) which has major issues in FSX but that AFD.bgl can be turned off.
Stay tuned.
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 06:12:46 PM »
Jeff,
consider yourself fortunate that apparently your rigs show up because I tried three different methods of installing the files.

1)  Inside my RTMM (Misty Moorings) folder as outlined previously.
2)  Placing the munchbros folder and its sub-folder into the Scenery/World/scenery folder.  (Nesting folders will normally work fine.
3)  Finally putting all 29 .bgl files from the scenery folder into the Scenery/World/scenery folder, then placing all 58 .bmp files from the texture folder into the Scenery/World/texture folder, followed by placing the 4 effects files into the Effects folder of FSX.

Result.  With all 3 methods the sim will not even start!  SOOOO back to the drawing board and manually having to find and delete all 91 files out of FSX so the sim will work.

What I think is the problem is that the manual mentions a "Base Pack" that must have some other files in it that are required.  According to the directions the munchbros folder is supposed to be added into the Scenery Library of FS9 which the base pack did, and the installer adds the files into that folder.

I did make a munchbros folder, placed the files into that folder and added it to my FSX Scenery Library and when I tried to compile the scenery database the sim CTD upon finishing the compiling.  Something is very wrong I'm afraid.

In any case for a few FS9 oilrigs it just isn't worth it to me to expend any more effort on something I'll rarely see anyway except in passing as I fly the Cook Inlet area.

:-[
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 08:50:18 PM »
Yep, that is strange that it crashes your computer.  :o  No event logs generated in Windows, eh?  ???

I think I need to take a chopper ride out to the rigs.  (from Trading Bay Production)  I don't think I've seen that place yet.  I usually always start from Kenai. 

I took a picture of the directory of my installation.  When I say it is in the scenery/world/scenery folder, I mean it's in the scenery/world/scenery/munchbros/scenery folder.  See?  I don't know why it is so deep, but hey . . . it works.  Or so I believe.  ::) :o :-\

I need to take a lengthy flight out there in a chopper and land on the rigs.  TTFN.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 01:06:55 AM by jeff3163 »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 11:03:24 PM »
Ok, started out from Trading Bay Productions, and it looked fine to me.  Just a grass strip behind a tank farm (imposed in photo on the ground)  There was a radio tower there.  I flew out to the Dolly Varden, and then to the Grayling.  I am taking a break on the Grayling. (eating dinner).  No problems so far. 

First pic is Dolly Varden (MM OPS). 

The Grayling (by MunchBros.)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 11:26:44 PM by jeff3163 »

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2013, 12:18:13 AM »
I still have the same issues as Spud described. My FSX shuts down when i have These oilrigs installed.
Jeff`s Pictures look  nice....

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2013, 01:18:28 AM »
I can't think of anything that would crash FSX in there, except those animated flames and water.  It has been a very long time since I "installed" the oil rigs.  They have been a part of my FSX since the original installation, a few years ago.  I just copy that "Munchbros" directory into any new install and point to it.  It has always worked on my "AMD" based system.  Are you guys running "Intel" processors maybe?  Is your triple buffering turned off in your systems OpenGL graphics settings? Mine is off.  (just throwing things out there)

Dieter

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2013, 03:18:38 AM »
No idea why these Munch Brothers datas doesn't work on my machine (Intel/Nvidia)

Is your triple buffering turned off in your systems OpenGL graphics settings?

This cannot cause the problem, FSX is DirectX not OpenGL!

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2013, 06:05:18 AM »
Thanks for sharing this wonderful freeware addon Jeff! Are there other additional packs that you may have?  ;D

I followed Jeff's installation procedure but didn't notice any changes to the SAK oil rigs and the area so I tried the usual RTMM addon scenery installation of putting the Munchbros scenery and texture folders in my FSX Addon Scenery folder and it worked! I noticed about 7 newly operational and well-lighted oil rigs in addition to the SAK default ones.

If I recall it correctly, I read somewhere that FSX doesn't work very well with FS9 files and could bring up some issues. I tried installing the RTMM AI Shipping Project (cruise liners with scheduled routes) before but removed it since it resulted in my FSX crashing shortly after several reboots but the other RTMM AI enhancements (small boats, tugs,etc. ) are working well as I have observed so far. Since this Munch Bros. AK Oil Rigs addon is mainly intended for FS9, could the FSX crashing issue be the result of its probable conflict or incompatibility with some RTMM traffic files designed to work with FSX especially to those who have installed all or some of it? BTW, this Munch Bros. addon also has dynamic objects like fires & lights.  Just entertaining another possibility... ???
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:36:54 AM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2013, 07:14:46 AM »
Jeff, those pics really look impressive. Can you find a contact for the author of these? Maybe we can discuss using his object as a replacement for the ones in SAK?  Just thinking out loud. Even Holger mentioned he was not thrilled with the object...maybe we could work out a fix? If that object could replace the object we have, then everything is in place without all the problems the folks are having with the installation. Don't know how this could be done, but I bet there is a way.

D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2013, 08:56:30 AM »
Jeff,
the munchbros folder nested in the World/Scenery folder is one of the methods I tried but still get the CTD issue.
I think there may be an issue with the "base pack" mentioned in the readme file which I do not have.  Just going to shelve this one due to small return on the dollar sort of thing.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2013, 04:28:41 PM »
Spud,

AFAIK, I haven't used any of Munch Bro.'s software addons before and only installed their AK Oil Rigs pack 1 now and it works in my Intel/ATI system. So I doubt that the lacking of the base pack mentioned in its Read Me file is causing your FSX crashing issue. It may have something to do with the installation procedure and/or configuration you followed or even the AI objects you installed. Try temporarily deactivating the RTMM Shipping AI Project if you have installed it (since it caused issues with mine before) and see if it solves the AK Oil Rigs problem. If it doesn't, try reviewing your configuration and installation procedure. Here's another forum link below I just came across on how "Mr. Mike" recommended its installation:

http://gotbush.org/forums/index.php?topic=529.0;wap2

Attached herewith are some screenies my co-pilot took when we did a low recon on the SAK oil rigs after installing Munch Bros. around dusk to see which rigs are actively working and operational and which ones are calling off early on their jobs  ???
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:32:01 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.