Author Topic: Plan G Question  (Read 12587 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Plan G Question
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »
I like the idea of running Plan G on my older laptop. My only dislike of the new version of PG is having to export a saved flight plan to make it .pln instead of .plg. so I kept the older version as well. Now, how to get the laptop integrated into the mix is going to be another thing altogether but I'll give it a whirl. As Arnold said..."I'll be back."
                                                  JJ
Jsapair

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 04:03:11 AM »
I have connected my Laptop via W-Lan Router Network to my flightsim PC. Both, Laptop and pc have win7 64 installed.

In plan-g I made the settings shown in picture below. The Setting in FSX Computer Setting is the local Network adress of your FSX flightsim Computer.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:06:23 AM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Jordansheck

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
I have the exact same setup as Klaus, works extremely well. Just follow the instructions in the Plan G readme and you will be set to go!

I run V2 and V3, depends on my mood but when flying near or in the mountains V2 is a must as it was mentioned before, it is connected with google maps.

jsapair

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 10:18:03 PM »
Uh, I think I forsee a compatibility problem. My PC is Win 7 64 and my laptop is XP 32. Not going to work, right? My wife needs to get a job to pay for my toys...hahaha. Just kidding. I do let her in the house when it's snowing though...most times.
                                   JJ
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 07:42:22 AM »
Hey jsapair,
I run FSX on a Win 7x64 machine and PlanG on an XP 32 laptop with no problems through FSUIPC's Wide Server. However, you don't need to tell your wife that!
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »
Hahaha! Thanks for the info ualani. I saw the Wide Server download available when I upgraded the fsuipc but never thought I'd need it. But now I think I might have to go back and get it. Your setup is exactly what mine will be. Do you have any problems with speed lag? My PC is way fast, my laptop way slow. I'll have it hardwired to the router which should help some.
    Regards, and to the other posters as well. I'm sure I'll have some questions as I delve into this.
                                             JJ
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 08:28:54 AM »
No problems with lag at all. I've tried it both hardwired and through WI-FI and there's no difference in speed. Read the instructions with both Wide Eye and PlanG pretty thoroughly and you should get it to work. Actually, it isn't too difficult if you take your time. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll see if I can remember how I did it.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support