Author Topic: SAK is Released!!  (Read 7066 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: SAK is Released!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »
Just for Fun

If you enjoy lots of bush-type take-offs and landings, the Anchorage area can be a lot of fun. It seems every small community up there has it's own strip. You can make a new landing and takeoff every 5 minutes if you want!  I flew to all of them yesterday just to explore them. The ORBX folks have put some nice little scenery additions to many of them ... and some are just dirt or gravel strips. As I was flying the area, I kept track of the airports/names and runway headings. If you want to fly this area and land at a lot of these, the attached list can be put to the side of your FSX window for a quick reference. In the zip (attached) there is also a "master list" that has the kind of airport it is, whether it is lit up at night, and other notes. If you are going to use a side window, you only need the "alpha" list with runway headings. The GPS finds all of them, but sometimes the runway heading doesn't show. So the GPS will get you there, but as you near, you can use the list to line up.  Its best to fly a tundra wheel (I like the Misty Beaver Tundra) because you'll land on everything from asphalt, to dirt, grass, etc. I've included the airports as far away as Homer and Seward for this also.

Doing this and flying clear skies up there is a joy. LOTS of practice landing, etc. I fly at about 800 feet because the airports are so close.  But when the weather socks in (like yesterday's snow storm!!!) just going from "here to there" - even a short distance - can be a little dicey.

Also, I added a window that is helpful in the panel.cfg.  It has a switch to turn the gps/nav on/off, gives you a quick autopilot for altitude and nav.  (The "gauge" is at the top center of the picture). You can add it to any aircraft of your choice. Go to the panel.cfg (SAVE A COPY), then add this in the next available "window". It will show up in your Instrument Views. To see it better, click on the picture and it will enlarge. There is also a radio altimeter reading on the gauge, so you'll always know your altitude above ground.

[Window0X] //.================================================= AUTOPILOT
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0  // 2,2,2
size_mm=178,50   //175,46
position=1
visible=0
ident=Autopilot
window_size=0.25,0.10
gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 20,4,.08,.08  //20, 0,.11,.11
gauge01=learner\radio_height_chw!radio height,      148,37,26,9
gauge02=Cessna!Nav GPS Switch,      32,15,9,12
gauge03=Cessna!Nav_GPS_Annunciator,   22,15,9,12

Change the X to the next consecutive window number. 

Enjoy,
I sure am :-)
D

PS ... this would be great fun for helicopters too!!!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 11:23:47 AM by Doug »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 11:31:19 AM »
Wow!  Great stuff.   Thanks, Doug!

Rod

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »
Hello

taht 's good
you have the same with FSCOPILOTE FSINN  to  the COACH and can choice your:  alt ; Meters, feet, surface, see, or terrain

Neptune
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

Destroy

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 04:31:38 PM »
I'm going to have to try this when I get to FSX next time. Looks to be great fun, plus I own Anchorage X so should be extra pretty.