Author Topic: SAK Airstrips Primer #1  (Read 1617 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
SAK Airstrips Primer #1
« on: November 23, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
Well as most of us here at RTMM know, ORBX/FTX Southern Alaska (SAK) is coming. And it looks like it will be sooner than a lot of us thought. Hopefully before the end of the year. But if not, it shouldn't be too long after New Years. At least that's the latest I've heard. Here's what ORBX developer Neil Hill replied with when I asked about SAK.

"Hi guys,

This is not a promise of "when" it will come out but I can safely tell you that SAK is next and being actively worked.  Holger is busy getting service packs for CRM, NRM and NZSI ready to go and then he can get back to SAK.  If it doesn't make it this year it will be out early next year. (we're really trying for this year but remember I'm not promising).

Cheers, Neil "

So I wanted to start doing some research on several of the small airstrips we will soon be able to visit in the region. Since this is a very large region, this post will be updated as I find the time to do the research and post here. So, enjoy and get ready for what I think will be an absolute geographical masterpiece by ORBX/FTX.

First area is four small airstrips near the Alsek River. This is near the Pacific Coast and borders the Glacier Bay National Park.

Brad

Alsek River Area

Alsek River Airstrip

East Alsek River Airstrip

Tanis Mesa Airstrip

Unlisted Airstrip