Author Topic: Beaver Repaint at Eagle Lake.  (Read 3563 times)

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Beaver Repaint at Eagle Lake.
« on: February 07, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »
I can't claim much credit for this repaint as much of it is already part of the paint kit, The scratched paintwork, colours and numbers are mine, the design, the overall degraded look on the pale areas are in the paint kit already (which is great as it saved me a load of time!) I have not been able yet to reduce the gloss despite losing the alpha channel. (Thanks for the tip Chris, but alas it didn't have the desired effect) :)

Still, it's what I wanted, an old workhorse that trudges around The Misty Fjords.

Wildbird

Re: Beaver Repaint at Eagle Lake.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »
That does look nice, the green and blue look good togheter. :) Looks like something has happened to the landing gear texture though?

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
Erm, I think you'll find that they are tyres on the pier! But thanks for the comment! :)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 03:53:43 PM »
Nope, he's talking about the landing gear at the front end of the floats - notice it is black. Part of the texture is either missing or black on the sheets. Simply cut and past the respective bits from a default (aerosoft that is) version that has the correct artwork.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 04:37:07 PM »
Ah right, I thought is was how it should be for some odd reason. I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

Cheers Chris.