Author Topic: RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download  (Read 495780 times)

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
Re: RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 07:16:11 PM »
I have the shipping project installed.

Now I'll have to go find them.Might there be any current flight plans,where the new ships,can be seen by boat or planes etc.
I did see the shipping tracks in the readme pdf.Maybe some one could add some trip flight plans for download,to make it easier to find the new ships.Even some readme's showing where they launch from,and where there runs end.

THX

GrayRider 
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 03:51:31 PM »
Hi owd,

Still not sure if vbs is the problem but eliminating possiblities.   If the vbscript execution is being blocked, it is probably not something you did.   PM me with your email address and I will send you the actual short vbscript to see if it does produce the directory selection screen.   

Rod

For those of you who might be wondering...........owd and I were able to solve his install problem and he is probably out looking for ships.   In case you were wondering, for some reason he was missing the
%SystemRoot%\system32 environment variable path which was prohibiting the execution of  VBScripts from within the Command Interface.

Rod

paddler

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 04:19:05 PM »
Well all I can say is stunning work guys!

I have spent the last few days since downloading the package flying around the "Misty" area and what wonderful fun to spot all of the AI work. It seems that every body of water that I explore has some surprise and I am constsntly vering off my proscribe course to do a flyby and discovery of what vessel is on the horizon. I have lost count already.

Brad, thanks for running with the idea. Dexter and "JJ", thanks for the models, they are fascinating.
I have however located one beached cruise vessel on the point East of Coff's Harbour. No not the Costa Condordia, as my wife asked me when she spotted it as well. She is upright and surprisingly looks undamaged. Non of the other nearby vessels were responding so things seem under control.

Many thanks again for this astounding enhancement.

Rick
Rick

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »
I have however located one beached cruise vessel on the point East of Coff's Harbour. No not the Costa Condordia, as my wife asked me when she spotted it as well. She is upright and surprisingly looks undamaged. Non of the other nearby vessels were responding so things seem under control.

Did it look like this?  This is east of Coffman Cove, Alaska.  (Coff's Harbour is in New South Wales, Australia.)

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »
I have the shipping project installed.

Now I'll have to go find them.Might there be any current flight plans,where the new ships,can be seen by boat or planes etc.
I did see the shipping tracks in the readme pdf.Maybe some one could add some trip flight plans for download,to make it easier to find the new ships.Even some readme's showing where they launch from,and where there runs end.

THX

GrayRider
Hey George,
    Nope, no flightplans planned.  Just get out there and fly the bays around Petersberg, Wrangell, and Sitka.  You will definitely see many ships along the way.  All the way from Juneau to Wrangell, and out to Sitka is prime viewing locations.  Use an amphibian so you can land next to the ship if you want to see the paint better.  You can make a flightplan and fly it at different times to catch the boats in different positions along their routes.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

paddler

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2012, 11:37:46 PM »
Absolutely just like that, and East of Coffman Cove on a point of land on Etolin Island. At my age that is what you get when you write from memory and don't veryfy with the VFR Navigation Chart you are flying with. I can't even explain any Aussie connection. Haven't been there yet (but will).

Thanks Jeff.

Rick
Rick

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »
Thanks Rick for spotting that grounded ship.  I'm sure the guys will be anxious to get that going again.  Coff's Harbour is an addon offered by Orbx for NSW, Australia.  I don't remember if it was a payware one or not, as I got it a very long time ago.  Anyway, I knew what you meant, . . .  Coffman Cove.   ;D  Thanks again.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 02:53:18 AM »
What you're seeing there is the result of two ships passing by each other too closely. I learned this working with Dex on this project. When two ships come in close proximity in the sim, one will take evasive action and run aground. It will reset at the end of the traffic cycle.

Brad

Dieter

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 04:17:57 AM »
grounded ship position:
N56° 3.18'
W132° 37.46'

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Dexthom

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 08:36:37 AM »
I did not see any ships in this forest!

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

paddler

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 12:37:44 PM »
Jeff, okay that was it as I also have Coffs Harbour (I have them all, just as I download all Misty). That is where the mind played tricks with me when I typed from memory and not from verifying off the chart.

Dieter, that is where I found her. I could see her off in the distance as I approachd Coffman Cove from the  West.

Brad, I kind of figured that it would be caused by something like that sort of conflict. It is always great to learn more detail and gain a better understanding of how and why.

As I continued to explore around this area last night I was struck by the density and variety of traffic. The log rafts hidden in back bays etc are a delight to find. I am a seasonal simmer, with April through October being my canoieng and guiding time so I am just getting back into the sim flying. This new enhancement makes me addicted. Great!

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Rick
Rick

Dieter

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »
Well, Dex, here is what I see:
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 01:59:14 PM »
Holger once told me the FSX boats don't know he changed the coastline, that's why there are ferries aground all over our area. Same would hold true for FSX ships . First question, is this one of ours? I can't tell.

Handie

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 02:07:58 PM »
I went to the coordinates indicated, but I have not seen any grounded ship ...
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Dexthom

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
I have the coordinates so please give me the time when this is observed.