Author Topic: RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download  (Read 495698 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »
RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download

Return to Misty Moorings (RTMM) is proud to bring you the Tongass Fjords AI Shipping Project, (TFAISP). This is our first of what will be several extensive AI shipping enhancement projects for the areas of coverage we do. Conceived by Brad Allen but made possible by the combined talents of Dexter Thomas and "JJ", TFAISP will add many ships to the already active Tongass Fjords Region.

You'll see custom ships that "JJ" repainted and used for this project as well as default FSX and other models. Dex has put together many new traffic routes (tracks) that will populate the larger bodies of water throughout the area. With this enhancement, you will see numbers of cruise ships, various cargo, container and other commercial shipping vessels bringing tourists and goods to the area.

This is one of our "mega" projects that took a great deal of time on the part of Dex and JJ, let alone all the time Rod spent making you an "automatic" installer ... and of course, hours of beta testing. We hope you enjoy this new addition.

You can go to the new AI Shipping Projects Page:
http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/shipping/index.php
To download your copy.

fltsimguy

Re: RTMM AI Shipping Project - Ready to Download
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »
This looks like a great enhancement.

FYI I could only get the installer to work after I went into the exe Properties and set the compatibility to Win7, and ticked the "run as administrator".
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »
Hi Bryan,

That is good info for those not using Windows 7.   I think all of our testers had Windows 7.  It was also tested with Vista.  What operating system are you using?  What kind of error did it give you?

Rod
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:25:37 PM by stiletto2 »

fltsimguy

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »
My apologies....I should have noted that I am using Win7....

When I clicked on the "exe" file it would started the cmd interface.  And then when I pressed 1 or 2 to attempt the install as instructed, the screen would "flash" and nothing, it would just disappear.  I tried the install four times, twice each pressing 1 and then 2. 

So my first thought after this experience was to check the properties as I have seen this sort of thing happen before with other installers.  Once the properties were set as I mentioned, presto, the cmd interface appeared, I selected 1 and the install continued as it should.

Bryan
Bryan Wallis
aka the "fltsimguy"
Duncan, BC

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:13:30 PM »
Hi Bryan,

Thats interesting that all of the other Windows 7 installations in our testing didn't have that problem.  Must be something different about yours.    When I right click on the installer properties, it doesn't even give me Windows 7 as a choice for compatability.   Anyway, it's good to know the answer should someone else experience what you experienced.

Thanks for sharing that.

Rod

Dieter

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 03:48:52 AM »
These informations about new created ai-shipping read very interesting and exciting.

My questions:
- Does this published package (and following ones) work with all ai-traffic that we have installed with all former RTMM files of this kind up to now?
- Is there any deinstallation necessary?
- This is an exe-installer. Where/what folders will the corresponding files be written?

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

DocBird

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 04:13:12 AM »
Thanks to the team involved in this project! It sounds great and I look forward to downloading and installing it tonight.

May I, in addition to Dieters questions, raise another question:

What traffic settings are required to see the ships? Are the FSX-AI-traffic-settings of any interest to this AI-pack?

Best regards, Till

Dexthom

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 08:44:54 AM »
All plan files are set at 10%.  These are big ships and in open waters.  There should be no conflicts.

Handie

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 09:47:06 AM »
Installation performed without any problem, thank you for the work :)
Nadine
I9 9900K 5GHz-Asus ROG STRIX Z390E-Alim 1000G 80 Plus Gold-ASUS Dual RTX 2080TI 11G-Corsair Vengeance LPX 32Go DDR4-Watercooling Enermax LIQTECH II 360 RGB + 2 ventilos-SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500Go-2 SSD 860 EVO 2To-HDD Seagate Barracuda 4To-Ecran Dell UltraSharp-3840x1600-Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 01:23:44 PM »
These informations about new created ai-shipping read very interesting and exciting.

My questions:
- Does this published package (and following ones) work with all ai-traffic that we have installed with all former RTMM files of this kind up to now?
- Is there any deinstallation necessary?
- This is an exe-installer. Where/what folders will the corresponding files be written?

Dieter

Hi Dieter,

This package is compatible with all other RTMM AI-Traffic packages, there is no de-installation necessary.

If you want to see where the files will be written you can choose Manual Installation and install to the termporary folder of your choice....that temp folder will then be populated with the folders and files for installation and will also contain a set of instructions on where to install their contents.  It is possible that you will already have one or more of the folders or files already installed from previous RTMM installations but an overwrite of the same named files in those folders is perfectly ok.

To answer your question directly:  the installer installs files into FSX\SimObjects\Boats,  FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery and FSX\Effects.  It will overwrite files of the same name that are located in folders with the same name which is perfectly OK.   The installer does not do any deleting of folders or files.

Rod
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:27:39 PM by stiletto2 »

tphelps

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 01:55:02 PM »
This is great news! This will add an even higher 'fun' factor to RTMM. Looking forward to checking off the list.

Once again, thanks for all of the hard work and dedication.

Ted
Corsair Obsidian 650D chassis, AMD FX8350 4.6Ghz, ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0, Corsair Hydro H100i, ADATA XPG 16GB 1866 DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce OC HD7870 2 GB, ADATA S511 120GB SSD (OS), ADATA XPG SX900 512GB SSD (FSX), WD Caviar BK 1TB (Data), OCZ Fatal1ty 750 PSU, Asus Xonar Audio, Win 7 Pro 64

GoBeeCee

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 01:56:44 PM »
I just installed this package and no problem occurred. The ships are sailing their rounds and even the skippers waved at me during my flyby with the Beaver ! Thanks for this great enhancement.

;)
Henk
5 x LCD 22"; AMD HD6970; MSI-Z68A-GD65; i7-2600k; W7-64; SSD1-512Gb; SSD2-240Gb; HHD-1Tb; CoolerMaster CM690II; Saitek yoke+rudder, 2xthrottle quadrant, trimwheel, 2xradio, multi, switch, TPM, TrackIr5, Buttkicker2 + >500W subwoofer

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 02:39:22 PM »
Hi Bryan,

Thats interesting that all of the other Windows 7 installations in our testing didn't have that problem.  Must be something different about yours.    When I right click on the installer properties, it doesn't even give me Windows 7 as a choice for compatability.   Anyway, it's good to know the answer should someone else experience what you experienced.

Thanks for sharing that.

Rod

Yes, thanks for this information.
While testing with win7 I did get the installer starting with right mouse click and run as administrator. I did run the installer three or four times and it always worked perfect to me.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:13:38 PM by corbu1 »

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Fred

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 04:46:54 PM »
Great stuff guys  ;D Thanks a million for making this package. Did a manual install and copied the files over to FSX and to P3D. Works just great. Just needed to fix the usual wake problem in P3D.

owd

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 06:28:01 PM »
Have tried all the tips re Windows 7 to get the installer to work but no joy.
Get this message in the command box;
"ECHO is off.
does not contain fsx.exe.   Please chooose a different directory or or close the installer window to exit.
Press any key to continue"
NOTE -- Spelling of choose with 3 letters o and 2 or entries are exactly what I get.
Pressing any key after this message does nothing and I have to X out.
Don't know what the "ECHO is off" means.
Could use some help here.
Thanks.
Asus P6X58D-E, Intel core i7 970 6 core 3.2 oc to 4.08, GeForce GTX 570, 3x2 DDR3-1600, Corsair Hydro series H50, WD 1 TB HDD, ADATA 120 GB & ADATA 256 GB for FSX only, Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality, 2 Benq monitors.