Author Topic: MISSION PROBLEMS???  (Read 3209 times)

av8erjm

MISSION PROBLEMS???
« on: October 20, 2012, 05:33:02 PM »
Dunno if I should post here or on the missions page. was doing the treasure to Timuuquan series, 1 thru 4 no problems had the compass, Nina yaking at me. Then went on to mission 5 of the series and I must have pissed her off because she won't say a word to me. I still have the compass pointing me in the right direction and the flt plan shows in the GPS. Then I noticed that maybe she just had laryngitis, because everything was down on the kneeboard  under messages and now I noticed it's same way when I tried to fly Wing and a Prayer. Any ideas what I must have done or not done as the case may be   I did get a completed pic on mission 5, but I'm still working on the Prayer, ground keeps gittin' in my way

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: MISSION PROBLEMS???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:31:56 PM »
Check Mission Settings possibly for sound/voice settings maybe. Sorry but that's just a guess. I'd also try deleting the missions and reinstalling. Also try a different mission, see if that one has voice still.

Brad

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 09:59:14 AM »
Thanks for the response Brad. After no sound from the passenger, in either #5 or the Prayer mission I thought maybe something got change in the cfg file or something, so I downloaded a Iditarod mission from flightsim and it worked perfectly. One other thing I don't know if it's related or not, as I said I had the compass pointer in upper left corner, but there were no ''markers'' you know the green circle w/ the arrow pointing downward w/ a bunch  more little arrows going to the ground, anyway didn't have that either. At any rate really enjoyed the scenery on the mission and even though I kid about the ''bitchin' betty voice'' it's a nice touch. Keep up the good work  Jim

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:51:57 AM »
Well I know that there is an option when creating a mission to disable some or all of the navaids. I always leave the compass, but I have in the past deselected the larger pointer that rotates. So, that might be the case on that part. But you should have voice included and that's not supposed to be missing. So, I'm kinda stumped on this right now. Hopefully Jeff Greene might be able to jump in here and offer some advice on this.

Brad

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 12:31:52 PM »
Okie dokie, like i said everything works except Nina and I have enjoyed the missions the crew has done

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »
I am pondering this querry, and it stumps me.  If it works in one, it should work in all missions.  Pressing the "U" key will cycle the mission marker/compass, but not the narrator voice.  I just flew the entire mission, and she talked to me the whole way.  Well, there were long periods of silence over the water at times, but when she was suppose to talk it worked fine for me.  I couldn't reproduce the problem you're having.  Possibly corrupted sound files???  Reinstall them from the zipfile.  That's all I got.  Sorry.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »
No worries, I still enjoyed the flight, learned every time I hit a trigger to quickly look at my kneeboard to see what Nina ''wrote'' great job

Slowhand

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 01:27:30 PM »
I noticed a difference between the Timuquan missions.

Timuquan5 has a sepparate \Timuquan5\ folder to put in the \missions\lost treasure of timuquan\ folder.
The Timuquans missions 1,2 3 and 4 have not. There files a directly placed into \missions\lost treasure of timuquan\. That is, if I do what the install instructions say.
Can this make the difference?

I have no compass and no sound in T5.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:29:10 PM by Slowhand »
Don't scratch with chikens, fly with eagles!

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
You could try it out and see. I haven't had any issues yet with the way it's currently set.

Brad