Author Topic: REPAINTS  (Read 2363 times)

av8erjm

REPAINTS
« on: October 15, 2012, 06:11:52 PM »
When doing repaints do they have to pass someones approval or go ahead and post them here. Since there were no Carenado Cessna 206 repaints available went ahead and did some on my own, I'd post if anyone else is interested and if it's OK  Didn't want to post if it's not

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: REPAINTS
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »
Hi ... if it is a "Misty" repaint of some kind, we absolutely welcome such a post.  We just want to be sure we don't become "AVSIM" having repaints of all kinds of planes.  I'm going to do a little work next on the repaint area so we can be capturing these great efforts. Right now, Spud and I are working on a "template" (pic and pic size, template for readme, file structure needed, etc) in a little package that we'll put at the repaint area where someone can use that to send us a repaint for consideration to post on the repaint page.  Stay tuned. But for now, if it is "Misty-related" ... please post it, we'd love to see it.

D

av8erjm

Re: REPAINTS
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »
Doug thanks to the reply, sorry for not getting back sooner, damn real life anyway. Since I posted the orig I've look at the repaint and am rather disappointed in the rendering, not sure about how to do shading under the wing and all   What I did looks rather splotchy [sic] and I'm not really happy w/ it. While I'm here can we use any ''n'' number or what do you recomend and I can't find that yikes font in paint shop pro. I quess painting is alot more involved than just grabbinng a paint brush This kinda' what I came up with anyway Any critique is welcome just be gentle

Jim