Author Topic: Missing textures help  (Read 6877 times)

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
Missing textures help
« on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »
I just used the texture help scenery (at PANT) and as noted earlier the object from FSX Acceleration doesn't show up, as I don't have that program yet.  Strangely tho, the smoke from the log cabin is missing and it's a default FSX object!   Maybe it's summertime!     ;D

I posted screenshots of Misty's to help identify missing objects/textures and am more than happy to do the same for other sites.  I'd like to know if you still need help with this and if so which ones to post.  Also, where to post them.

Thanks,  Rob
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Missing textures help
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:22:03 AM »
what do you have your special effects slider set at?

Dragnhorn

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 03:45:43 PM »
Special effects slider all the way right (high)

I've seen smoke from other cabins.  huh?
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 04:32:02 PM »
Could be a small glitch, try rebooting and having another look, thing is, the smoke is from the same source with virtually everything, a cabin, you see smoke from one type of cabin, brad uses that cabin by reducing it's size till it's tiny, but the smoke stays the same, he then sticks it in a chimney stack of a non smoker and hey presto, more smoke than you ever saw, but it's all the same, so if one works it would be odd if others didn't.

The only thing I am uncertain about, is just how many smoke sources there are.

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 03:03:49 AM »
There is one thing of which we didn't think about so far, the use of directX-10 in FSX.
Friends of mine told me that they have problems with some textures, especially those of EZ-library (partially transparent or missing), when running FSX under directx-10.
These EZ files are that old, at that time nobody has yet thought of FSX and DirectX 10.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 06:16:29 AM »
Good idea. I didn't think of that and I don't believe I'm running in that mode because it causes issues.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 09:58:09 AM »
Yes there are a few problems with textures showing as black boxes, particularly some auto headlights etc.
That being said the next thing to note is that while FSX does have a DX10 PREVIEW mode it is not supported by the sim.  Some folks use it because it will give them a few extra FPS (turn off the counter people, if the sim is smooth FPS do not count) at the cost of missing textures.  Less textures more FPS.  FSX is a DX9 program never coded for DX10 so do yourself a favor and turn it off.
Later,

Spud

Dieter

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 11:28:20 AM »
>>FSX is a DX9 program never coded for DX10 so do yourself a favor and turn it off.

I run my FSX just "normal".
I only wanted to point to that as a possible problem.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Dexthom

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 02:49:49 PM »
I have been searching for the building at Nina's.  Since it is comprised of autogen objects, it was a mystery to me, after all, I had recently accomplished a clean install of FSX.  The solution was to replace the autogen.bgl that is in the Global scenery folder.  I don't know how it was screwed up, bu that was the cure.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 03:01:59 PM »
Dexter,

That's great. You said you needed to replace the autogen.bgl file. Where did you find the file that worked at and where does it need to be installed at?

Thanks for your help with finding a solution,

Brad

Dragnhorn

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 11:35:35 PM »
Just for clarity, I'm not using DX10 preview.    I just went to Aiken Creek......WOW what an approach!.....and don't see smoke from that cabin either.  Maybe the cabins (or the smoke) aren't native to FSX or the EZScenery objects, not sure.
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 01:45:27 AM »
I have found quite a few "smoke" effects in the EZ Scenery download are not working.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)