Author Topic: pushing back in missions  (Read 3021 times)

av8erjm

pushing back in missions
« on: September 08, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »
Just curious, why has pushing back been disallowed in some of the missions. In real life w/o benefit of a dock it was taught to me that you nose into the bank. Then ready to leave you push off , much as you would a boat. I was taught you never come into the bank sidways because of wave action can damage the float and/or the float struts. Also as far as getting the aircraft turned around, if you notice in the textures of the floats there is a paddlestrap to one or both floats to manuver the craft around. Yes I have fallen in the water while trying to perform this  trick. I found the best way was to straddle the float and paddle like a canoe

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: pushing back in missions
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 09:32:39 PM »
I regularly "push back" in my amphibious planes, whereas the floatplanes won't do it.  It has to do with the wheels, I think.  It's a strange quirk with FSX, that you can use the pushback function on wheeled craft (on the tarmac, or in the water), but the function doesn't work for a floatplane.  The A2A cub supposedly allows you to "paddle" in the water, but I've never done it.  Try an amphib, instead of the floatplane, and press shift+P to pushback.  I don't think it has anything to do with missions either.  I am working on building my third "Dispatch Mission", and never had a problem pushing back.  What mission are you running, by the way?  It may be disallowed, for all I know.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »
dispatch 2, it's the last stop before coming back to the lodge, if I get close enough to the trigger then I can't get turned around, no matter which way I approach the trigger. But if that's the way it is then that's that. OK I just tried w/ the default Beav in free flight and it's the plane not the mission, I would have bet the wife that I'd done it before

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 12:50:14 AM »
Yep, the default beaver stinks.  But it can be done.  I come into the "pocket", or dished out area of the beach and turn sharply, (hockey-stop style) and slide in sideways.  Give it some throttle to complete the turn, then shut 'er down, the throttle not the engine.  Coast to a stop, and you're facing away from the beach at the end of it.  These pics aren't at Blind Pass, but the technique is the same.  Come in with some speed, around 10-14 knots, and then full water rudders to spin around the other way.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:53:58 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:48:23 PM »
Tanks' I'll give her a go, otherwise I'm enjoying all the hard work you guys put in