Author Topic: Objects Library Page  (Read 3191 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Objects Library Page
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »
We have a new page for RTMM, the new Objects Library Page.  We had some of this in the FAQ, and some buried in the snows of CIRP (toward the bottom of that page). So all that now has its own "home" on the Objects Library Page. 

We will be re-doing the wording there to make things easier to follow for the newbies that come to RTMM. This is a hurdle some folks do not get "past" ... and they give up and go elsewhere. 

Watch us rebuild the page and help us too. If you see wording that is confusing, or something that should be explained, let us know. Now is the time to make sure we get this page to work correctly.

Notice also the picture for the Scenery Tester has been altered.  We have added Westwood Inn as an object library, this is Urs Burkhardt's excellent work which he is sharing with us and which we are hosting for him. (If you downloaded the scenery for Westwood Inn, then you already have it).   Also, I moved the scenery objects to the other side of the runway at PANT. I was having frame rate problems when pointed toward PAKT, so I put them on the other side of the runway so you won't have that problem.  Also, note the lat/long on the bottom of the picture ... if you put those numbers into the "MAP" in FSX, it will position you exactly as you see the picture so you can see if you have all the correct libraries.

We are in the process of adding one more, the Snow Dogs Tour which we have gotten permission to host. That is a "big" one and we are having to disassemble it then reassemble it to move it from where it is to it's new home at RTMM. But this too will add some very interesting objects for our scenery designers and also for all the fans of RTMM.

Just another improvement for RTMM, and some nice additions.  But we really do need your help ... this is a critical page for new people ... help us get it right for them.  You can added your comments below, feel free to criticize what is there, but if you do, send along your recommended alternative.

Thank you
Doug

PS: You can find the new page by going to the top of the Scenery Page and clicking on either Object Libraries or on the Scenery Tester link. Both go to the new page.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:20:56 PM by Doug »

archangel1

Re: Objects Library Page
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 05:51:01 PM »
Just checked my collection and the latest CeyX Sceneries I have is labelled 13-6-2012.  Did you miss an update? Plus, the direct link doesn't work - Error 404.

Mike
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

Doug

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »
Mike ... I fixed it, thank you.  When we make transfers like that, sometimes there are 20 to 30 links that have to "come with it" ... sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't.  So as we are in "beta" on this new page ... keep the "404's" coming my way and I'll get rid of them for you.  Thanks for the heads up.

Doug
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:16:04 PM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:05:54 PM »
Just checked out the new Scenery Objects library page and noticed that the Westwood Inn library has a date of 10.14.2012 ??  Think probably it should be 8.14.2012 like Snow Dogs Tour library ?
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »
Although the various libraries are listed alphabetically which is great for searching for a particular library I think the two library downloads that are Payware should be listed separately to make it stand out that you have to purchase software to obtain the libraries.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:54:11 PM »
Spud ... fixed the date on Westwood. Also put all the links in alphabetical order. I put "payware" in the second box there ... but I'm not sure why we want to do that??? 

Doug
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:05:19 PM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31:41 AM »
Doug,
the "payware" in the second box is fine IMHO.  As we all know 'some people' never bother to RTFM and then ask for 'help' when things go sour.  ATM there are posts at the FTX/ORBX site from someone who bought an addon airport but does not have the ORBX scenery area the airport is in.  Needless to say "it ain't gonna work".  With the small 'reminder' that if you want to see RTMM in ALL of its glory you will have to open the musty wallet and purchase a few things may stave off that sort of problem here.
 8)
Later,

Spud