Author Topic: Wasn't there once a...  (Read 3790 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Wasn't there once a...
« on: February 05, 2011, 05:52:17 AM »
... gliding club on top of the mountain opposite Ketchikan?

And wasn't there once a dear departed member called Leon Louis who did a lot for the old Misty?

Just questions...
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Dieter

Re: Wasn't there once a...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 06:23:17 AM »
Yes, the sim community lost one of it's great designers already years ago.
Leon Louis passed away on the 14th April 2006.

Dieter
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:26:02 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 07:04:15 AM »
We did try doing the Gliding club again, Deer Mountain was the location, but decided it was so well out of context with what RTMM was about that we abandoned it, it didn't look right, and RTMM is as much about the scenery we do looking the part as it is about creating the fictional places, they have to have at least an element of real possibility, otherwise we might just as well add in very bizarre and weird idea that is presented, which would very much devalue the whole project. As it was DMGC was not a very realistic proposal.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 07:50:15 AM »
As Kim said,

I gave it a whirl and Kim had positioned a dirt strip high on Deer Mountain for me to play at. I just couldn't make it work though as it was too far fetched. So, the DMGC moved their operations down to "Misty's" as you may have wondered why those gliders are parked over by Hanger #2. And, while I still haven't tried out a glider flight at Misty's yet, I'm hoping it works alright.

Brad

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 08:17:45 AM »
Well, yes - "out of context" most definitely indeed... just push the glider over the edge and you are off :D

On the other hand, that does give me an idea...

I hope you guys are up to date on the aircraft addon scenery side of things, because there is an interesting designer out there by the name of Dave Rowberry who has produced some bloody excellent "odd" freeware gliders, ultralights and man-launched hanggliders. He's finally gone payware over on Aerosoft and even that "American Aerolites Falcon" is a worthy low and slow addon to use around the moorings.

But it's his human launched gliders I am thinking about... a small "Chalet" with a jumpoff pad?

Ideal for all those nutters who like mad stuff...

Like this maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9t5qOSzCU
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 08:27:41 AM »
If you look at the "hangar" page at the old Misty site (http://www.mistymoorings.com) ... you'll see we even had a glider with a Misty repaint.  That was fun taking off from Deer Mountain. For those who couldn't figure out the thermals, it was a nice easy flight to PAKT to land.  I guess it didn't quite fit in this time.

Doug