Author Topic: Tongas Fjords X cabins  (Read 20339 times)

alpha117

Re: Tongas Fjords X cabins
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 02:59:15 PM »
Doug,

Do we just now wait until you put the cabin(s) file up on here?

Thanks

Clive

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 03:15:30 PM »
Hi Clive ... still trying to figure out what we've got here.  I think it is a no-brainer ... (but I did one of those yesterday and lost PFJ and Tongass Fjords .. trees where water should be). So I'm being a little careful. Would you like to "play" with this project?  You can look at how I'm going to set it up by going to the Cabins Page (Misty's Place/USFS Cabins/Cabins Page).  Basically, we'll put up a picture, make a plan G map (trying to stay over water at 1200 feet where possible), and the lat/long of BOTH the actual structure in degrees/minutes XX XX.XX , this also needs an altitude. Next, the gps for the mooring point. (That is where the plane is positioned if you wanted to start there). This includes the Magnetic Heading so your aircraft is position at the pier right or whatever.  I will "fancy up" the map, all I need is the pln file and I can ake it from there and make the map jpg.

If you want to "play' with this one, shoot me an email at mistymoorings@jdlinn.com and I'll shoot your the files I have.  There are cabins in Tongass, and then this extra set of about 80 cabins. So I haven't got it all sorted out yet.

Actually, this is a lot of fun. I just did that first one. Took off out of the Sitka Sea Plane Base (with other neat float traffic around).  I think part of making this fun is not always coming out of the same airport. But I did try one that is "just a lake" ... nothing around. So we should avoid those .. there should be "something there" I think. Once you have the cvs file, then in Plan-G, you can do a "find" for the waypoint, and it comes right up. Then find an airport around that is interesting ... and fire up the airplane and go find it. 

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »
 :) Interesting thread going on here. And a little confusing too I must admit. If I have Tongass installed but I need to know if I'm missing some cabins, how do I find out? 
Do these new/missing cabins were looking for include the ones I just made for us a month or so ago? Will that create duplicates?

Dieter and Jeff, can you help us sort through this information and educate Doug, me and the rest of us on what the "Lost Cabins of Tongass Fjords" is all about please?

Thanks,
Brad

Diggler

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
   You know gentlemen, there was'nt just cabins made eh? There was more... ;) I will try and find them. I will post a link if I find the ones I'm thinking of. 
  ps: even though we all love our content...I believe that there is a distinct line(figureitivly) between the TFX package, done by the creative and genius minds lead developers Holger Sandmand and Bill Womack, to the Orbx package to where the two meet(its done so well that you cant tell where they meet). I remember the mood and strife on the fsaddon.eu forums to do with TFX, and Holger said " I'm still proud of what we achieved with Tongass Fjords several years ago but it also was the project that almost ended my career as an FS developer because it was way too ambitious in terms of effort vs. return. While it has sold reasonably well (less so than PFJ though!) I don't think anyone involved with the project ever made a decent hourly wage off it" http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/42186-scalaska-qs/ . I have also endorsed this site at all my frequented forums to do with simming. Your efforts guys is what keeps this alive for us all. Thank you....that being said I almost feel like TFX is a shrine or mabey should be...tipptoed apon...very respectfully of coarse...added to. :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:12:29 PM by Diggler »

Dieter

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 05:29:47 AM »
Cabins in RTMM area:

- Tongass X has 31 U.S. Forest Service cabins
Have a look at "Tongass_Fjords_X_Color_Manual.pdf", page 36, ff

- TongassX-cabins 1.0 of Jürgen Schmidt  has many new additional cabins
Admiralty Island area  9 cabins
Petersburg and Wrangell area  29 cabins
Sitka Cabins Area 16 cabins
The software provides .kmz files for using with Google Earth to find the cabins

- USFS Cabins/RTMM  38 cabins

- And there are some cabins provided in RTMM "Scenery"

This might be confusing, I agree.

I published all above mentioned cabins in my PlanG data files.
PlanG does not accept double entries.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 08:57:45 PM »
Hey ya'll,
     When you install the TongassX cabins into your FSX scenery library, put them ABOVE the FTX scenery entries.  I just discovered that some won't show if they are placed with your TongassX Higher and Lower folders, which are below FTX.   ;) 

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »
We're getting closer. I just turned off the Tongass X Cabins scenery, the problem went away, (floating cabin gone, bear observatory gone), rechecked it, and problem was back. Checking your idea on order of addition, Jeff.