Author Topic: CeyX sceneries Libraries in Prepar3D  (Read 14245 times)

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: CeyX sceneries Libraries in Prepar3D
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 03:51:42 PM »
Hmmm... Interesting. I don't think I have those either come to think of it. I don't remember ever seeing those in my libraries of objects. Must dig deeper on this.

:(
Brad

tatankamani

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »
Hi Doug,
it's clear now, because EZ Wilderness Library is not installed on my machine. I will do it immediately.
Thank you very much for your help.
Bruno

Lazyeight

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 08:25:54 PM »
Bruno,
   Sorry that I have not written earlier but a lot of things have been going on. After I was able to get the buildings to appear I had no idea which change I had made caused it to happen. So after a lot of adjusting and checking on things the two buildings disappered once again and I could do nothing until Doug posted about the Lens's EZ Wilderness Library. I checked and I had two EZ libraries installed, one was a BGL and the other just said EZ Scenery Library. Neither of those had the two lodges in them. Then I found the Objects Library page where Len's Easy Wilderness Object Library is listed. Also, there is a listing of the Object Library Placement which lists 7 items showing their order of placement. Len's Easy Wilderness Object Library was not shown there so I believed it was optional. It was also not shown with the RTMM addon scenery folder. Thanks to the entry by Doug explaining where these buildings had come from I was able to locate the library and install it. Thanks Doug and Bruno. It has been a real learning experience about scenery. Well, back to some flying in Owikeno Lake. See you there!
Lazyeight

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »
     After reading Brad's post, I had to go check to see if my buildings were showing.  All is right in my little (FSX) world.  Yay!
     I am slowly bringing my P3D installation up to speed though, as info like this comes down the pipe.  I've installed my Aerosoft Beavers into P3D with a simple copy/paste, but have yet to master the EZCA/head tracking issue.  I am close, I think.  I still fly 99.9% of the time in FSX. 

I took pictures of my buildings (in FSX).

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:57:24 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

tatankamani

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 04:35:29 AM »
Jeff3163,
did you check your Aerosoft Beaver in P3D if all gauges are showing ? If not so, let me know, I have a solution for.

Lazyeight,
thank you for your reply.

Bruno

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 07:22:38 AM »
Jeff3163,
did you check your Aerosoft Beaver in P3D if all gauges are showing ? If not so, let me know, I have a solution for.

Lazyeight,
thank you for your reply.

Bruno
No, they're not all showing.  I assumed I just had to move the gauges from fsx to P3D.  What is the "solution"?  (and thanks)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:14:49 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

tatankamani

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 01:42:04 PM »
Here is what you need to do to get the missing Beaver gauges working.

1) Go to Beaver Standard Wheels; open panel directory and take Beaver.CAB to any empty working
    directory and extract the cabinet file.
2) Look for file "gyro.xml" and open it with any text editor
3) Remove second line, which reads <!DOCTYPE Gauge SYSTEM "../gauges.dtd">
4) Save file gyro.xml
5) Do the same with files hsi.xml and vertical.xml
6) Create a new Beaver.CAB file and put it back into the panel directory.   That's all.
7) Don’t forget to copy new .CAB file to different Beaver versions

Bruno

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 09:09:39 PM »
Boy, I don't think I've ever created a "CAB" file before.  Pretty simple after I learned what to do.  Anyway, . . . success!  I finally created a working cab file and the xml file edits worked.  Thanks.

ps- You don't need to copy the cab to the other planes.  The other planes alias their panels to the standard wheel version so you only need the one in that folder.

PSS - Sorry to be so "way off topic".   We need to get back to the CeyX scenery library issues, ok.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:53:28 PM by jeff3163 »

Lazyeight

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 06:54:42 AM »
This has evolved into a discussion of Prepar3D. Maybe the forum masters should consider making a special topic in the forum to discuss these Prepar3D issues. To Jeff and Bruno I would add that if you copy and past the Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheel model folder from FSX SimObjects into the Prepar3D SimObjects SimObjects Airplanes everything should move over including all of the Aerosoft Beaver models. I lucked into that when I first began moving items into Prepar3D. I am like Jeff though and still spend a lot of my time flying in FSX but keep exploring places in P3D. This RTMM forum has been a great help with our problems and I really appreciate all the work that goes into it. I have even been able to fly in FSX at PAKT with RTMM, Ketchikan Harbor and payware PAKT checked and working while still getting good frame rates.
Lazyeight