Author Topic: CeyX sceneries Libraries in Prepar3D  (Read 14300 times)

Lazyeight

CeyX sceneries Libraries in Prepar3D
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »
Sorry about this but I have a problem that I cannot solve. I have the scenery library installed in FSX fine and all five of the cabins show up in the test. But after loading the CeyX Scenery Libraries into Prepar3D I can only get three cabins to show in the test. I discovered a problem when looking at Owikeno Lake scenery and found at the dock at Machmel Village I was missing the big red brick building and the smaller red brick bulding next to the five little cabins. I have cleared the CeyX file many times and reloaded it and nothing has helped. I am open to any ideas. I seem to have all the other scenery in the area showing up fine and am really enjoying seeing all this fantistic scenery in Owikeno Lake.
Thanks,
Lazyeight

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: CeyX sceneries Libraries in Prepar3D
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:40:00 PM »
Lazy Eight,
Prepar3D as you know is a payware program by Lockheed Martin and as such they would be the correct place to ask about compatibility problems.  RTMM scenery is made using scenery objects from freeware sources and in a few instances with permission from the copyright owner of payware, but not Prepar3D.  Although I'm just making an educated guess at this point as I have not communicated with the 'powers that be' but I doubt that RTMM will be offering support for Prepar3D problems.  RTMM was developed strictly for FSX and as such that would be what support area we could support.
As the CeyX scenery library was developed and provided by one of the scenery developers who works on RTMM scenery perhaps Xavier can work with you on the problems but he would have to be the one to make that call.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Fishbone

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:31:39 AM »
Hello Lazyeight,

As Spud has said, the objects libraries were and are still developped for FSX.
I don't have P3D, and not planned to buy it yet.
But, Prepar3D may be the future of FSX.

It may be interesting to know why they don't appear.
A very large part of my libraries are done with Google Sketchup, and compiled with ModelConverterX.
ModelConverterX uses the SDK tools for compilation.
Some objects are done with Gmax, and are directly compiled with Gmax.
All my objects are compiled with dds textures, some with night textures : xxxxxxx_LM.DDS ( Brad's Bait and BBQ buildings).

To have an idea, can you test some sceneries such as Thumb Harbour (platforms are done with Gmax)
and some sceneries using my orange cones ( done with Gmax), Desperate Moose Lodge or CAS2 Moose Lake lodge.

Or, if you have Instant Scenery, you can try to do a small scenery, using my libraries.

According to me, the problems should be : the software used to design objects, the night textures in dds format.

Please, let me know !

Best regards,

Xavier

Lazyeight

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 07:24:54 PM »
Thans guys. After many hours of trying various things and having some excellent help from a good friend, all is well. I have four of the five cabins in the RTMM scenery test now showing in Prepar3D and the missing scenery of the two brick buildings is now showing fine. The final cabin is depending on getting Tongass Fjords installed and that may take a while. I do believe P3D is going to be the way to go. Great scenery, good frame rates and smooth scenery at all the place that bring my computer to a halt in FSX.
Believe me guys I am loving flying in all the RTMM scenery in P3D.
Lazyeight

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »
Thanks for the update on that. I'm still looking at Prepar3D and haven't made the switch yet. Reports like this help me with that decision though. Just need to take that plunge.

Brad

Fireball

• Chris Losh
    • Northern Air Charters
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 09:46:20 PM »
I have it installed and have tested most of the scenery. Tongass Fjords was the only issue that I had. I know they are working on making an installer for it. Once they so that  I plan on making the switch. I have better frame rates but was is more important is that I do not have any studders. ;D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »
OK, OK, just cut it out!   ;D   You realize of course that with these glowing reports about Prepar3D with FSX scenery etc. that just weakens ones resolve to wait for the v2.0 release and of course it you can not use it with TongassX (it this correct?) then I can still hold out.   :o

With my limited system I know my results would not be as dramatic and others are reporting but sure do get tired of watching the scenery slowly fade into one large blur only to sharpen again after fumbling down to a landing.
 :-X
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 05:45:17 PM »
I also haven`t switched to Prepare3D yet. Though I´m really interested in it. I think I will still wait some time and wait for v2.0.

I´m not sure about some toools and addons working with Prepare3D like the RealityXP GNS 430 and 530 Gauges and WX500 Weather Radar. Does anybody know if these are working properly with Preare3D?

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 10:28:26 PM »
Hi Klaus,

I am also planning to wait for quite awhile.  I have a lot of extra devices on my system and don't want to get caught switching and then finding out something won't work.  I do see now that GoFlight is supporting Prepar3D.    I guess that means my GoFlight stuff will work.....I keep checking them off...one at a time.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 09:27:02 AM »
Good to see that the community is getting on the bandwagon with Prepar3D.  Just enforces my suspicions that developers are looking at the program as the future due to it being compatible with FSX and having better performance.  I have yet to read a really bad review from any user.  I know there will be teething problems etc. but so far so good.
I have deliberately NOT been on the Prepar3D forums at ORBX because unfortunately the crowd there has a tendency to reinvent the wheel with these things and as I intend to wait for the version 2 talked about in a lot of posts I would rather not color my brain pan with extraneous information that could change with a new version.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »
Why am I seeing a large RTMM banner om these messages now?

tatankamani

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »
Hi Lazyeight,
what did you do with libraries or whatever, that missing brick buildings at Owikeno Lake are showing ?
Thank you
Bruno

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
Bruno ...

Which buildings at Owikeno are black? Location?  I'll go in and see if I'm seeing the problem, if so, I can change out those objects and make it right.

Doug

tatankamani

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »
Hi Doug,
mentioned buildings are not black, but are completely missing. (position at red arrows on attached screenshot)
I need to say, this is basically no problem at all, for me, because I am running RTMM scenery in P3D and I cannot expect that all will work at 100%.
I am only curious, because „Lazyeight“ posted at first same problem and later, he mentioned, that he managed (anyhow), that both buildings are showing now.
Doug; please don’t waste time; maybe „Lazyeight“ will respond to my question.
Thank you
Bruno 

[attachment deleted by admin (size over 300k)]

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 02:35:20 PM »
Interesting.  I just checked the "village" and it is all there. So I'm guessing you've got a object missing.  These two lodges come from Len's EZ Wilderness library and are labeled Lodge 2 and Lodge 4 as depicted. Hope this helps.

Doug

[attachment deleted by admin (old)]