Author Topic: Trees in the water at Hollis  (Read 6699 times)

Teecee

Trees in the water at Hollis
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:53:27 PM »
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:57:30 PM by Teecee »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Trees in the water at Hollis
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:12:53 PM »
TeeCee,
How is your FSX Scenery Library ordered?  RTMM files all need to remain ABOVE the FTX files with the scenery libraries at the top of the library.
Remember any time you use FTX Central to change ORBX areas it will automatically place all the FTX file at the top if the FSX Scenery Library.  Place an insertion point below all the RTMM scenery with FTX Central and that problem will not happen any longer.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 08:19:00 PM »
Wow, that is strange.  Usually there is water OR trees, not both.  Is it just in a little area?  (and where exactly?)  If you set up your scenery library as Spud says, with the FTX entries below the RTMM entries and the libraries at the top, (like cream), then we will be on the same page so to speak.  Is your Tongass Fjords entries below FTX?  I was surprised to learn that was how it goes.  Do you have Tongass fjords?

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dieter

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 01:52:44 AM »
Hi Terry,

Please have a look at the manual "Known Issues" additionally.
1)   ... a re-install of Tongass Fjords FSX is recommended...

Btw, putting the libraries (talking about EZ, RWY12, CeyX, RTMM libraries) at the top of the FSX library causes many problems on my system. I have unwanted trees, bushes, shrubs in many parts of the Orbx sceneries (like on runways, in water a.s.o.)
But that seems different from computer to computer.

Dieter
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:17:48 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »
Hi Teecee,

Did you ever ged rid of the trees in the water around Hollis?  If you have reinstalled Tongass and the problem is still there, then I can send you a clean copy of terrain.cfg.     The tree problem is caused by the terrain.cfg not being exactly what the ice texture is expecting to see.  If you don't want to do that, then you can turn this file's .bgl extension to .off.....CVX_Hollis_Harbor_Ice.bgl.    It will kill the ice in the harbor during the winter, but it will also fix the tree problem.

Rod   

Teecee

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 02:31:44 PM »
Guys I feel terrible. I posted this question, then got locked into a bunch of other problems and forgot about this post.. Stiletto I think I will try your idea.. not worried about the Ice.. Again, humble apologies and many thanks to all for taking the time to reply. Teecee.

okyone

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 09:34:25 PM »
Thanks from a lurker.  I too was having trees in the water at Hollis.  Checked this post daily for a solution. Followed you instructions - no trees in water now. Thanks for this wonderful scenery!

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »
Great, I am glad the work around helped you out.

Rod

spirit_66

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 01:11:15 AM »
Hi Rod,
got this "tree in water" effect too but now with P3D v2.4 and the newest version of the lovely Hollis Harbor. Is to switch off this ice-file still the only option? I did and it worked but maybe there's something new now.
Thanks a lot
Spirit
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 07:03:44 AM »
Hi Spirit,

I am working on a small update for Hollis.  Jeff helped me test a new ice file that should work for all.  I am still checking on a couple of other fixes too but hope to have it out soon. 

Rod

spirit_66

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 03:41:42 AM »
Hi Rod,
that's good news, thanks. Take your time. No need to rush.
Spirit
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand