Author Topic: Aiken Creek Dreaming...  (Read 5232 times)

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
Aiken Creek Dreaming...
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:21 AM »
Here is a few shots of my attempt into Aiken, where is the Rhyme and Reason for this approach anyway.

I made a small video to show my jaunt from Misty and into Aiken, not the sweetest approach but I made it one float at a time.

Chick here to view the video:  --- > http://share.ovi.com/media/FSRobert.public/FSRobert.10104

Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Aiken Creek Dreaming...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:03:34 PM »
Great video ... I linked it on the Scenery Page for Aiken Creek.  Folks can take a peek at this and get a feel for the beauty of the flight to that location. Thank you for the contribution!

Doug

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »
Here is a few shots of my attempt into Aiken, where is the Rhyme and Reason for this approach anyway.

I made a small video to show my jaunt from Misty and into Aiken, not the sweetest approach but I made it one float at a time.

Robert,
your avatar looks much better now. 
In the screen shot shown here it looks like you are buying the beer for having your water rudders down in flight.  ;) :) ;)

I landed the Beaver out in the bay and used the channel markers to taxi into the pier like any sane aviator would do!  ;D

« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 12:10:45 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »
Landing at Aiken Creek ... the first time I did it, I played it safe and landed outside and taxiied in myself. I remembered it from the Old Misty site ... that last turn was a bear!  So to make it in there in one piece on the first try is darned good ... any landing you can walk away from is a good one. And any one you can walk away from and go fishing is even better!!!  We've got some tough landings in RTMM, but that one is a real devil.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 02:36:33 PM by Doug »

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:22:10 PM »
Thanks so much Doug, I feel humbled what you did with the video link and so glad you enjoyed it.

To be honest I am looking forward to all the tough landingsin  RTMM has, even if I need to parachute in and of courre I will have my pole with me.

@ Spud: concerning the " water rudders " this is a simple case of " Buck Fever ". On approach I was trying to achive STOL in the stationair, which I´ve never done before and looking for the cabin and the dock and that godly letf turn I read about in the Trip-Tic...not to mention the wildlife, I felt a bit of my leauge. When viewing the video you will also see my landing gear down at one point...yes I will buy the beer, it is the least I can do.

Keep The FSFaith People

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 03:48:21 PM »
Wait till you see Little Oliver Creek, that'll make your hair stand on end.

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 12:49:20 AM »
I don't see a Little Oliver Creek!  You been messing with the Bears, Avian?   ::)
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:40:21 AM »
Little Oliver Creek isn't released yet, it's still WIP.

BeaverDriver

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 11:09:24 AM »
Nice pics Robert. Things can get a little hairy at times, can't they  :P ? Been there, done that.

That all said, make mine a Molson's please (Spud beat me to it, but the end result is the same  ;);D
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 01:31:05 PM »
Thanks everyone for the replies, gotta love this hobby. 
Keep The FSFaith People