Author Topic: FS9 Crashes When Loading Scenery  (Read 8135 times)

gwhess

FS9 Crashes When Loading Scenery
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:00:46 PM »
When I try to set up a flight at one of the airports in Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords, or Glacier Bay, I get a crash to desktop.  This is a recent problem.  All other aspects of FS9 work fine.  I tried uninstalling these addon sceneries and then reinstalling, but I am still have the problem.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thank you,

Gary

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: FS9 Crashes When Loading Scenery
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »
Just making sure you know that all the scenery here on this webpage is for FSX and not for FS9. If you've been trying to use our scenery from the "Scenery" link above, that's probably why you're having some issues.

Brad

gwhess

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 11:07:12 PM »
I have the FS9 versions and have used them on my old computer as well as my new one.  It has been just recently that I have experienced the crashes.

Thanks,

Gary

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »
I haven't used FS9 for quite a few years now but this reminds me of a problem when two or more AFCAD 's are active for the same airport.

Look for duplicate AFCAD files in FS9, choose the one you want to keep and try again. Also might want to post this over on AVSIM and Flightsim.com in their FS9 forums for help there. 

Brad

gwhess

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Hi Brad,

Thanks for your reply.  The crashes occur no matter what airport I select in the three scenery areas, so I don't know if AFCAD would be the problem.

Gary

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 06:44:02 AM »
Sorry but that's about all I got on this. I'd look into the duplicate AFCAD possibility.

Good luck,

Brad

gwhess

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 05:44:53 PM »
Thank you.