Author Topic: Lack of AI Float Traffic  (Read 7136 times)

Dexthom

Re: Lack of AI Float Traffic
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »
Go with your intuition and use the file with the latest date if you want the whole enchalada!  ;D

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 08:19:09 PM »
Yeah, silly old duffer, me. 

Done.  Many thanks, Sire.

-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 10:35:44 PM »
Jon,
from a personal opinion as I do not nor ever intend to use ORBX PAKT for my sim and it looks like a lot of other former users feel the same way I would dump all the files from that AI package and just revert to v1.3 and be done with it.  It has already been pointed out that while the PAKT version will work along with the v1.3 there are minor problems with parking etc.  In addition the more scenery, AI traffic, etc. etc. you have installed the more performance will suffer.  PAKT is a good example of this, with only the original RTMM sceneries installed around PAKT performance suffers from so much in such a small area.  The less powerful your system the more the performance is effected.
If I were you I would unzip both PAKT AI downloads to a temporary folder find out exactly what files and their names are.  Where they are supposed to be installed and then go to those folders and delete both sets of files so your RTMM is pristine from the PAKT AI totally.  Now install v1.3 according to the instructions and enjoy the AI traffic that is designed to be used for RTMM PAKT for PFJ.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dexthom

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 07:50:01 AM »
Don't forget that if you go back to the V1.3 traffic, you will not have any float traffic in Tongass Narrows. :'(

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
Don't forget that if you go back to the V1.3 traffic, you will not have any float traffic in Tongass Narrows. :'(

Hi Dex,
while having AI traffic in the narrows would be great I agree but Ketchikan area is already a very low FPS area with my system due to so much scenery being added for RTMM in a very small area.  I have every package available installed and active for RTMM including your great AI stuff both air and water so each additional addon makes a difference with my system at this point.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dexthom

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 08:58:42 AM »
Yup!  That area is pretty much saturated so one does what they have to do.  Time to go kill trees in
some other location.  ;D

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
Thanks for the thought-provoking info, Spud; I'll certainly keep all of that in mind.

Fortunately, I have a fairly new, quite robust system, with nice features like dual vid cards, and so-forth.  So I think I'll take advantage of Dex's extra AI traffic and simply wait and see.  If problems arise, I'll react, of course.

It's good to know that we'll have had to deal with this schmozzle the once, when the final dust settles :P

-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan